Sponsored

Taillights with Sequential Amber and 3-bars Brake MOD!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Nice service!

Eric how did you solve the issue with US taillights draining more power than EU ones? Is this a problem or not?
We disconnected the regular taillight inputs and hooked them up to the licence plate light wires. Apparently the car's body control module does a load check on the taillights every time after you brake and then for some reason shuts them down, probably because they draw more power than the system expects. It does however not do this check on the licence plate lamps so this way they stay on. I think you could probably also solve this issue with a relay, similar to the one that is used for the brake lights.

Anyway it was a bit of a puzzle but after we solved it I've had no issues. Love them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Perfect, it was just a curiosity :)
These don't happens with modded EU lights, but if it's only matter of taking power from another source, it's a good solution.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Just edited the first posts with the installation guide and removed all referral to people\company not allowed here. This thread contains a lot of info about this great mod and I don't want to risk a closure :)

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Another problem with my rears. Wish I never got them done done. Been back to Poland once for repair. Nothing but hassle. Gonna through them in the trash I think. And bought switchbacks aswel. They don't work. Never received a replacement

Glad I never got my fronts done
image.jpg

Sponsored

Sponsored

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Starting to panic reading this. Should be getting my lights back at the end of the week

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Stuart, you don't have to panic.
Sh*t happens, many are happy customers and you don't hear anything from them, few are unhappy (or with problems) and you notice them more than others.

aex90832

Resident Comm Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 E350 Wagon
These look awesome!!! Keeps the sequential movement, but nicely integrates an amber signal. I don't understand why ford didn't do it this way from the get go. Only one design for all markets.

Has anyone tried this on a US Spec car? I'm curious as to how different the installation would be.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
The guy we cannot name did many US-to-EU lights conversions before, so it is possible.
Also, if I remember correctly, [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] has US lights converted to EU.