Sponsored

Sync System Shuts Off, Won't Come Back On?

beanbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
Forgive me if there have been topics on this before, but I'm not quite sure what to search.

Every so often, my sync system seems to shut off completely and not come back on. The screen goes black, no backup camera, no radio, etc. It might come back on randomly, but usually shutting the car off and starting it back again does nothing. The only thing that gets it back is pulling and replacing the fuse.

I've had it fixed once before, but it cropped back up again. Naturally the warranty has just expired, but then the problem was never properly fixed.

Any insight into what's going on and how to best get things resolved? Am I screwed since the warranty is up?

EDIT: Wanted to add that I have a base 2015 V6, so it's not the upgraded Sync system.
Sponsored

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
Mine still does this after it was replaced.. maybe once every 2-3 months. I usually just drive with it, (if I eject the CD and put it back in, it will play the CD) and the screen comes back on very faintly. Usually, if I say have the issue and go into a store or go to work, within a few hours the system is back ready to go.

OP
OP

beanbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
Interesting. I get absolutely nothing out of it. The biggest issue for me is the loss of the backup camera...you start to get reliant on those!
Sponsored