Sponsored

Sync 3 with USB playback question

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hi all, eagerly awaiting delivery of my 2016 Mustang. I've been getting somethings ready, and one thing I did was import all my music from iTunes to a USB. I know I can play it via bluetooth from my phone, but I forget (or purposely leave) my phone at home a lot, so it's nice for me to just have it there all the time.
I copied all of my music and went to test the USB on my Dad's car, (Lexus). His car only recognized a handful of albums. Looking into the files, his car could play all of the MP3, but wouldn't recognize the M4a. Does anyone know if Sync 3 will recognize m4a, or do I need to save them as other files?
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Music is a big issue for me as well due to a commute that can take up to an hour. I have never had consistant luck playing m4a files on head units, due to the licensing issues with those files. I have used several work-arounds. Using AUX jack I used a dedicated music player that plays all formats (and man did FLAC's sound good!). Unfortunatly the '16's don't have an AUX jack. My other work-around is I used Media Monkey to convert my entire library to MP3 - 320bps. Then I use MP3IDtag to clean up any id tag info and album art. I use a 32GB USB loaded with folders by artist, then album's in the sub-directory. SYNC3 has no problem with this and displays all info and art correctly. Search and shuffle also works great. Now if only I could get some damn bass out of it!

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Hi all, eagerly awaiting delivery of my 2016 Mustang. I've been getting somethings ready, and one thing I did was import all my music from iTunes to a USB. I know I can play it via bluetooth from my phone, but I forget (or purposely leave) my phone at home a lot, so it's nice for me to just have it there all the time.
I copied all of my music and went to test the USB on my Dad's car, (Lexus). His car only recognized a handful of albums. Looking into the files, his car could play all of the MP3, but wouldn't recognize the M4a. Does anyone know if Sync 3 will recognize m4a, or do I need to save them as other files?
I picked up my 2016 last week and I just copied my iTunes folder to my new usb drive and when I plugged it into the usb port in the car it indexed it and has been working great ever since. I bought one of the 64mb small micro drives as I just leave it plugged in as a permanent music source. Sync 3 recognizes it and you can search with voice commands for artist,album,song,or music type. It's awesome.

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No, not AUX jack on the 2016s anymore.

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Brendan688,

Congrats on your recent purchase! The supported music file types are .mp3, .wma, .wav, and .aac. I hope this helps.

Shaay

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Hi Brendan688,

Congrats on your recent purchase! The supported music file types are .mp3, .wma, .wav, and .aac. I hope this helps.

Shaay
Hi Shaay, I know this may be the wrong topic but when will the Sync 3 in my MY16 be comparable with iPhone 6? Also any hints on getting myapps to work with iPhone 6?

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought a 16gb usb and formatted to fat32 then just copied and pasted my itunes songs onto it and recognizes and plays all songs with no problems.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Shaay, I know this may be the wrong topic but when will the Sync 3 in my MY16 be comparable with iPhone 6? Also any hints on getting myapps to work with iPhone 6?
Hi SC_Ruby,

The iPhone 6 is compatible with SYNC 3: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...r=2016&model=Mustang&syncGen=sync3&country=us It supports automatic phonebook download, called ID, text messaging, call history download, Bluetooth Audio streaming, transfer to privacy, and AppLink connectivity. Are you having trouble using your iPhone? Let me know the issues, and I'll assist.

Also, here is some info on AppLink: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...pplink.html?sync=sync-3&model=F-150&year=2013 I hope this helps with getting your apps to work.

Shaay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Hi SC_Ruby,

The iPhone 6 is compatible with SYNC 3: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...r=2016&model=Mustang&syncGen=sync3&country=us It supports automatic phonebook download, called ID, text messaging, call history download, Bluetooth Audio streaming, transfer to privacy, and AppLink connectivity. Are you having trouble using your iPhone? Let me know the issues, and I'll assist.

Also, here is some info on AppLink: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...pplink.html?sync=sync-3&model=F-150&year=2013 I hope this helps with getting your apps to work.

Shaay

Hi Shaay, is there any info on when/if Google Play Music will be compatible with Applink?

Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi Shaay, is there any info on when/if Google Play Music will be compatible with Applink?
It's not applink that needs an update, its Google that needs to update their app to integrate. Applink provides an api, the apps have to implement that. Sorry, but good luck ever having Google add support with that... Sucks I know =\

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi 113,

I can't speculate on future technology or updates. As always, stayed tuned to our Media page: Media.Ford.com

Shaay
Sponsored