CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
The only Swollen Nut is the one on the impact wrench with an improper socket.
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Every once in awhile I use my own break loose tool with a 13/16" socket to remove my wheels to clean the inside of the rims and the painted brake calipers that are then exposed.

Yesterday I got out my tools and went to take off the first nut and now the 13/16" socket doesn't fit on all the way, barely goes half on.

I called Tire Plus and they said they do use a impact wrench and 21mm socket and know of Fords bad 2 piece design for lug nuts that will swell up using those tools described above.

I am due to bring in my car to get the tires rotated in a 1000 miles, he said and then gave my the part # to order one piece lug nuts from amazon, he said bring them with the car and they will swap them out for free and one won't have to worry about them again.

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Every once in awhile I use my own break loose tool with a 13/16" socket to remove my wheels to clean the inside of the rims and the painted brake calipers that are then exposed.

Yesterday I got out my tools and went to take off the first nut and now the 13/16" socket doesn't fit on all the way, barely goes half on.

I called Tire Plus and they said they do use a impact wrench and 21mm socket and know of Fords bad 2 piece design for lug nuts that will swell up using those tools described above.

I am due to bring in my car to get the tires rotated in a 1000 miles, he said and then gave my the part # to order one piece lug nuts from amazon, he said bring them with the car and they will swap them out for free and one won't have to worry about them again.
Get some good Gorilla lugs, they hold up really well.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yesterday I got out my tools and went to take off the first nut and now the 13/16" socket doesn't fit
I changed those crappy lug nuts the first week of ownership. Since my wheels are black, bought black Gorilla 61148BCX lug nuts, and threw the stock ones in the trash. You should do the same :).
Sponsored