Sponsored

Sway bar lateral movement

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
I recently installed the Whiteline rear sway bar and endlinks kit. After a few miles on there has begun to be a lot of clunking coming from the back. Looking at it, it appears the sway bar is shifting laterally, quite a bit causing the end link to make contact with the spring. I've got the lateral locks installed on the bar however it doesn't seem to help prevent the lateral movement. Anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do to prevent it from shifting so much?

Thanks,
Brant
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed the Whiteline rear sway bar and endlinks kit. After a few miles on there has begun to be a lot of clunking coming from the back. Looking at it, it appears the sway bar is shifting laterally, quite a bit causing the end link to make contact with the spring. I've got the lateral locks installed on the bar however it doesn't seem to help prevent the lateral movement. Anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do to prevent it from shifting so much?

Thanks,
Brant
Are the lateral locks slipping/sliding?

OP
OP

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I've screwed them down tightly however, it is aluminium and the install video said not to over tighten as it would likely strip the threads.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I've screwed them down tightly however, it is aluminium and the install video said not to over tighten as it would likely strip the threads.
Loctite on the threads? Also may want to look at hydraulic loctite between the lock and bar.

OP
OP

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of hydraulic loctite, I'll have to look into that. I'll give the threads some thread lock though. I was debating on drilling a small hole through the sway bar to put a bolt through to use as a lateral lock if all else fails.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase