Sponsored

SW Ohio - Cavu Coffee Meet-up

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Bump for excited-ness. Got mine all washed and waxed, easy for tomorrow. I'll be there, family in tow.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Mine will probably be dirty. I just want coffee. Lol

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
It was a gorgeous day yesterday. I will clean uop some of the pics and post em. I counted 21 stangs at one point. :)

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Future events

For anyone who attended the meet-up at Cavu yesterday, we were treated to a juvenile display of extremely loud and reckless behavior in the parking lot. I am not sure who drove that Mustang (I think the car was a black s197), but while he was leaving he decided to rev his engine very loudly and then accelerate quickly, barking his tires while still in the lot. This event did not go unnoticed by at least one customer of the coffee shop who told one of the owners about it. I spoke to the owner today and we are in agreement that this kind of behavior is not only dangerous, but bad for their business (especially when they helped us promote the meet-up).

For the time being they have decided to no longer help us promote future meet-ups and as a result, I have decided I'm not going to organize future events. Sorry folks. I really like hanging out with you all and talking about Mustangs. I hope we can find another place to do this without the bad behavior following us. :(

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
For anyone who attended the meet-up at Cavu yesterday, we were treated to a juvenile display of extremely loud and reckless behavior in the parking lot. I am not sure who drove that Mustang (I think the car was a black s197), but while he was leaving he decided to rev his engine very loudly and then accelerate quickly, barking his tires while still in the lot. This event did not go unnoticed by at least one customer of the coffee shop who told one of the owners about it. I spoke to the owner today and we are in agreement that this kind of behavior is not only dangerous, but bad for their business (especially when they helped us promote the meet-up).

For the time being they have decided to no longer help us promote future meet-ups and as a result, I have decided I'm not going to organize future events. Sorry folks. I really like hanging out with you all and talking about Mustangs. I hope we can find another place to do this without the bad behavior following us. :(
DAMMIT!

I revved my motor on my way out, but no tire squealing or burnout on my part for sure. I hope that revving my motor was not in bad taste.

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
It was not you. It was an older Mustang. Being a little loud on the street is not and issue here. It was in the parking lot.

Sponsored

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
It was not you. It was an older Mustang. Being a little loud on the street is not and issue here. It was in the parking lot.
Sorry people have to fck it up for everyone. It is completely unacceptable though. I would have been pretty hot if I had still been there with my daughter.

Ricers....

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thanks, Brian, for all you did to get this going. It is unfortunate that one person decided to not consider the impact of their actions on others in this venue . Not only was I NOT impressed with the show, I was mad that this person seemingly bypassed the notion that his acceleration could have led to injury and damage.

Really dumb...

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I have spoken to the management at Cavu Coffee about us gathering there again this year for a monthly meetup. They agreed and wanted to stress to me that we will not be tolerating the behavior from last year. So I think we are going to try this again!

Please be very mindful of anyone that you invite. Please do not invite them if they have any tendency to act juvenille or show-off. Cavu does not want any trouble or liability and I was told that this is our last opportunity to have their blessing on this.

If we can all agree, we would like to get this moving this year starting on Sunday, April 17th at 10AM @ Cavu Coffee.

Who is up for this?

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Wow, a chance to redeem ourselves? Let's keep it classy, maybe s550 owners only, lol.

I'll be there with at least my daughter, wife is a possibility.
Sponsored