Sponsored

SVE Handling pack wheel kit availability to the UK?!

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
Hi all,
I want to buy a set of the Ford performance mach 1 handling pack wheel kits that SVE produce. The 10" front with 41mm offset means it won't protrude as the original oem HP wheels would without a wheel arch liner.
Rears are 11" with 50mm offset, straight bolt on and no requirement for wheel arch extender front or rear with these offset's etc.
Info and link:
https://lmr.com/item/WK-351913/sve-mustang-mhp1-wheel-kit-19x10-11-gloss-graphite-15-22

LMR supply the kit in the states but won't ship international freight?!
Does anyone know of a UK supplier of the SVE wheel kit or is there a way to import?!

I plan on running 285/35 fronts and 325/30 rear tyres as no issue with clearance apparently and the 325 size is easier to get hold of.

edited to post correct link and info!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I asked them a similar question and they said they’d be willing to ship to a freight forwarder in the States. There used to be someone that was recommended for this - freight forwarding from the States to the UK - on the MOCGB website so it might be worth having a look there.

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
My wheels are due to land into the UK at the end of this week.
I need to get a set of TPMS sensors, what and where should i be getting them from? Steeda?
Also looks like i will need a 'TPMS training tool' assume the ones off the bay are ok?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think one is required for UK cars. Just fit your sensors and go.

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think one is required for UK cars. Just fit your sensors and go.
ah i didn't know that! I thought you needed to train them with a trainer tool

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that used to be the case in the US but not over here since we use different sensors. I did read a thread on this topic fairly recently but I’ve not managed to find it after an admittedly brief search. I’m pretty sure that it was stated in the thread that the US cars did have to use the tool at one point but with the recent cars/sensors/system it’s not necessary any more.

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
I think that used to be the case in the US but not over here since we use different sensors. I did read a thread on this topic fairly recently but I’ve not managed to find it after an admittedly brief search. I’m pretty sure that it was stated in the thread that the US cars did have to use the tool at one point but with the recent cars/sensors/system it’s not necessary any more.
https://www.steeda.co.uk/collection...-tpms-tire-pressure-monitor-sensor-valve-stem

'These Ford OEM sensors are a direct replacement for the valve stem style sensor found on the S550 Mustang. In the 2015-2017 Mustang, Ford introduced a new feature within their track-apps. This new application allows for real-time monitoring of each individual tires pressure at any given time. In order to achieve this, these 2015 Mustang specific TPMS sensors feature the correct frequency to properly work with the 2015-2017 Mustang in-dash tire pressure monitoring system.

This direct replacement tire pressure sensor is critical when purchasing a new set of wheels and tires. They feature a black rubber valve stem body with a black cap to blend in with your wheel for a stock look. This tire pressure sensor can be programmed using the Ford tire pressure monitor programmer (TBANDP), which will be required in order to properly install this sensor on your Mustang. These are UK / EU Spec TPMS Systems direct from Ford UK. -

NOTE 1 *US TPMS sensors WILL NOT work with your EU spec Mustangs systems*

NOTE 2 *Sold individually. Your Mustang requires four for all four wheels.

*Does not require Tire Pressure Band; these replace the valve stem.
*Valve Stems are not designed for speeds over 155 mph. '

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get your wheels via STS Imports ? Was it an easy process ?

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Did you get your wheels via STS Imports ? Was it an easy process ?
Yep Ron @STS Imports :)
Dead easy, I sent Ron the link to the wheels, sent the money to his US bank account (I used Caxton to transfer the US currency). Ron then ordered the wheels from LMR and when they are arrived at his Florida warehouse they where loaded into a container at the beginning of September.
Wheels are currently on the boat at Rotterdam and due into Felixstowe next weekend (15th).
Then just need to sort a courier to get them to me from the STS import warehouse.
Just looking at ordering the TPMS sensors (and yes your right as your link above they will train the pressures over a few miles so don't need the training tool).
Looking at prices for 285/35/19 and 325/340/19 PS4s at the moment (almost ÂŁ1400!) ouch :frown:

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brilliant. That sounds much easier than I was expecting it to be. ie I thought I might have to order the wheels and tell the vendor to ship to Ron's wharehouse. Then tell Ron to expect them and where they need to go etc.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Brilliant. That sounds much easier than I was expecting it to be. ie I thought I might have to order the wheels and tell the vendor to ship to Ron's wharehouse. Then tell Ron to expect them and where they need to go etc.
If I understood my communications with Ron correctly, I think that route is also available :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
IMG_6529.jpg

Wheels just arrived! :clap: Ron at STS Imports has been faultless all the way. Big thanks to him and @WD Pro for the recommending him :)

Now looking for a Michelin tyre discount event for some PS4S......
They come up every now and then at Blackcircles, if anyone knows of any please shout! :like:
Sponsored