Sponsored

Suspicious Dealer / Deal?

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.55 GT Prem Fastback
Hello all, new to the forums, just placed an order for my first Mustang!

As a prospective Mustang owner (and forum member at the time :p) I lurked / read DIB was being discontinued for MY17, I rushed in to sneak my order in!

All of my options picked out, I give the go ahead to place my order at a very respectable price, all is great... that's where the fun seems to end..

3/30 Upon 'ordering', my sales rep returns with a sheet that states the selected options. The first thing to strike me odd, in bold 'this is a preview of an order, order not submitted to the ordering banks'. I was in that initial 'ordering honeymoon phase' being excited.. I over looked it.

Getting home, looking at the paperwork again (minimal), it struck me odd that I had no real confirmation... I called.

My sales rep reiterated my order specs and assured me that everything was taken care of.

4/1 Monday morning. Alleged last day to order MY16's, I start to worry that my order may not in fact be placed (was thinking good bye DIB Mustang :rant:) I leave my sales rep a text to get ahold of me, several hours later I leave an email (be it I received no response). Hours later, I'm freaking. (Insert any stage 5 crazy clinger meme here). I stopped in towards the end of the day, surprised my sales rep at his desk requesting a DORA. Unfortunately I being still not all together, was turned around and assured with another printout of a preview of an order. For my sake, I calmed down. Still really unsure...

A week later, I give a sales manager a call asking for confirmation of order. First I ask for order and dealer code (for COTUS). Got it no problem. After reading everyone is getting priced DORAs with their order, I asked where is mine? I was told it was shredded. :confused:

Since then until tonight, I've been hitting up COTUS for salvation (be it all I have to go on is 'everything is good'), tonight I cracked the code and got through into COTUS finally. Now here's the 'code' part of it...

My logical side says when COTUS asks for last name, I would put ...my... Last name.. :shrug:
But it doesn't work. Tonight I put in my sales rep's last name, .. It worked.. :confused:

By any chance, could have my rep purchased the car? Or did they circumvent the :ford: system and lied as if it were an employee purchase? Maybe even A-Plan to turn around and sell it to me higher to make profit? This just doesn't sit right with me.. :shrug: :confused: :(

Figured my name would be on the order?

I may be highly skeptical, and over paranoid. I just really didn't want to lose out on my new deep impact addiction.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

VoodooShelby

What a bad_ss car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Don't know enough about ordering to draw any conclusions but go with your gut...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The system sucks pretty badly.

A lot of dealers just use the preview order form as confirmation. As incredible as it may sound, despite the form starting with the words "Preview Order" at the bottom it will say "This order has not been submitted to the order blank", until the order is placed. After its placed, the same form will print out without those words but still labeling it a preview. If you have a copy that does NOT say "this order has not been submitted", that means the order has been submitted. Of course, they may have never bothered to print it out again after ordering. Like I said, its an incredibly bad process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ImpactS550

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the initial thoughts VoodooShelby and HoosierDaddy

A thought in the dealers favor, be it the vehicle hasn't been delivered and accepted, technically the car belongs to the dealer and has only been ordered on my request? Since my deposit only gets me first rights to it, maybe the dealer and therefore by extension the rep is the 'ordered by' name?

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual

As a prospective Mustang owner (and forum member at the time :p) I lurked / read DIB was being discontinued for MY17, I rushed in to sneak my order in!

All of my options picked out, I give the go ahead to place my order at a very respectable price, all is great... that's where the fun seems to end..

3/30 Upon 'ordering', my sales rep returns with a sheet that states the selected options. The first thing to strike me odd, in bold 'this is a preview of an order, order not submitted to the ordering banks'. I was in that initial 'ordering honeymoon phase' being excited.. I over looked it.

Getting home, looking at the paperwork again (minimal), it struck me odd that I had no real confirmation... I called.

My sales rep reiterated my order specs and assured me that everything was taken care of.

4/1 Monday morning. Alleged last day to order MY16's, I start to worry that my order may not in fact be placed (was thinking good bye DIB Mustang :rant:) I leave my sales rep a text to get ahold of me, several hours later I leave an email (be it I received no response). Hours later, I'm freaking. (Insert any stage 5 crazy clinger meme here). I stopped in towards the end of the day, surprised my sales rep at his desk requesting a DORA. Unfortunately I being still not all together, was turned around and assured with another printout of a preview of an order. For my sake, I calmed down. Still really unsure...

A week later, I give a sales manager a call asking for confirmation of order. First I ask for order and dealer code (for COTUS). Got it no problem. After reading everyone is getting priced DORAs with their order, I asked where is mine? I was told it was shredded. :confused:

Since then until tonight, I've been hitting up COTUS for salvation (be it all I have to go on is 'everything is good'), tonight I cracked the code and got through into COTUS finally. Now here's the 'code' part of it...

My logical side says when COTUS asks for last name, I would put ...my... Last name.. :shrug:
But it doesn't work. Tonight I put in my sales rep's last name, .. It worked.. :confused:

By any chance, could have my rep purchased the car? Or did they circumvent the :ford: system and lied as if it were an employee purchase? Maybe even A-Plan to turn around and sell it to me higher to make profit? This just doesn't sit right with me.. :shrug: :confused: :(

I may be highly skeptical, and over paranoid. I just really didn't want to lose out on my new deep impact addiction.

Any thoughts?
Can you check all the info through COTUS? If you can do so then everything would be fine. You make we wanna order an DIB as well

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Any thoughts?
Here is what my orders look like. The first says "This order has not been submitted to the order bank". Then I changed an option and the second one does not. I have not been able to get confirmation from either the dealer or Ford. :paddle:
2016_RR_GTPP_401A_PremTrim_v1.jpg
2016_RR_GTPP_401A_PremTrim_v2.jpg

OP
OP
ImpactS550

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, the order shows up in COTUS, just waiting for a window sticker to be published so I can verify the 3.55 gears were correctly added.

Blue is usually hard to keep clean, and will show scratches and swirl marks on the paint much easier as opposed to white or silver; however, when the blue is clean, sun or shade it's a beautiful color.

I suppose it will be a little rarer, be it them doing away the from factory hood turn signals. This is a mass produced car, I don't forget that, but if I can hold on to this vehicle a long time I can look back and say they only made this car combination for two years like this :)

OP
OP
ImpactS550

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what my orders look like. The first says "This order has not been submitted to the order bank". Then I changed an option and the second one does not. I have not been able to get confirmation from either the dealer or Ford. :paddle:
Congratulations on your purchase NHMustang!

That is exactly what I received. It is unsettling to not receive a nice completed confirmation of an order. Even for nostalgic reasons, maybe one day I'd like to go into a drawer and show the grandkids, see what hard work and determination can get you? Ordered right from the factory (in a proud grandfather voice) haha.

Who knows what cars will be like in the future, these may be the last of their breed.. And having a nice piece of paper without someone scribbling all over it would have been nice :(

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congratulations on your purchase NHMustang!

That is exactly what I received. It is unsettling to not receive a nice completed confirmation of an order. Even for nostalgic reasons, maybe one day I'd like to go into a drawer and show the grandkids, see what hard work and determination can get you? Ordered right from the factory (in a proud grandfather voice) haha.

Who knows what cars will be like in the future, these may be the last of their breed.. And having a nice piece of paper without someone scribbling all over it would have been nice :(
According to COTUS, http://wwwqa.cotus.ford.com/, it has a VIN!
2016_RR_GTPP_401A_PremTrim_COTUS.jpg

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
I ordered on April 1st yet have a delivery date of June 23rd... Thats heartbreaking

Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Confused. You said you wanted DIB, but your order form is for a Ruby red.
Did I miss something?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I think you are over thinking.

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Vert Premium Every Option but Auto Trans
I ordered on April 1st yet have a delivery date of June 23rd... Thats heartbreaking
I ordered March 31 and still only have a VIN (no estimated delivery date or production date)!
Sponsored