Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hi all,

Who has the stock poorly designed RHD headers and is supercharged? Ran into any issues or see any dangers?
I’ve heard high Exhaust Gas Temps may cause engine failure if on a supercharged car due to restriction etc. I plan to leave them on my daily driver since it’s already insanely loud with x pipe and roush axle backs.

If so, how long have you been supercharged with stock headers and what boost level? Daily driver purposes
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
NOPE. You're overthinking it. Running fine on stock header/cat setup at 11.5 psi average boost on 93. I've run stock headers on three of four FI setups.

OP
OP

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
NOPE. You're overthinking it. Running fine on stock header/cat setup at 11.5 psi average boost on 93. I've run stock headers on three of four FI setups.
Yours a RHD s550? Haha I know the US guys are ok but our RHD ones are very badly designed as per example pic attached.
I also tend to overthink ‍♂
CAAD576B-6B6F-4FCD-857D-0BC4A6EF0702.jpeg

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
looks familiar......you're over thinking it. If you think you need them then buy them. I'm not hear to debate the issue with you. You asked a question and I answered it. Vest of luck to you.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Hi all,

Who has the stock poorly designed RHD headers and is supercharged? Ran into any issues or see any dangers?
I’ve heard high Exhaust Gas Temps may cause engine failure if on a supercharged car due to restriction etc. I plan to leave them on my daily driver since it’s already insanely loud with x pipe and roush axle backs.

If so, how long have you been supercharged with stock headers and what boost level? Daily driver purposes
Hi Memz, been running a Harrop tvs2650 on stock headers since January without any problems so far.
20200201_181509.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hi Memz, been running a Harrop tvs2650 on stock headers since January without any problems so far.
20200201_181509.jpg
Awesome to hear! Mind if I ask what power/boost it’s making? Neat setup

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Awesome to hear! Mind if I ask what power/boost it’s making? Neat setup
Not sure of boost figure.
470 kw and 675nm torque on Harrops hub dyno. Lots of room for improvement with more aggressive tune

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Despite the even poorer flow of our RHD headers, the actual gains from a set of longtubes on a blown car don’t seem to be all that great at the power levels you’ll achieve on PULP.
I went longtubes prior to adding the blower (which DOES give a fair gain) and then went catless once the boost was added for the simple reason that cat failure isn’t unheard of and the results aren’t always as simple as replacing the cats (think potential engine damage instead).
Personally, I wouldn’t add a blower to a RHD car on stock headers/cats but it’s your call.
As long as you’re aware of the risks you can make your own assessment.
What you also need to remember is that once you remove the cats you no longer need cat protection in the tune, meaning you aren’t losing power as the tune dumps extra fuel to cool the cats down. Some tuners may turn this function off regardless of whether cats are installed or not. Again, be aware.

OP
OP

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Despite the even poorer flow of our RHD headers, the actual gains from a set of longtubes on a blown car don’t seem to be all that great at the power levels you’ll achieve on PULP.
I went longtubes prior to adding the blower (which DOES give a fair gain) and then went catless once the boost was added for the simple reason that cat failure isn’t unheard of and the results aren’t always as simple as replacing the cats (think potential engine damage instead).
Personally, I wouldn’t add a blower to a RHD car on stock headers/cats but it’s your call.
As long as you’re aware of the risks you can make your own assessment.
What you also need to remember is that once you remove the cats you no longer need cat protection in the tune, meaning you aren’t losing power as the tune dumps extra fuel to cool the cats down. Some tuners may turn this function off regardless of whether cats are installed or not. Again, be aware.
Cheers Burkey, well said. I ended up making about 440kw on the hub dyno (with bonnet open I assume) so it’s realistically making about mid-high 300rwkw id say which I’m happy with, as long as the stock headers won’t lead to issues I’m happy to leave them (especially since I’m not after it to be any louder than it already is) - The OPG on the other hand is something I plan to address since they are known to fail with hard driving, but if stock RHD headers aren’t known to cause dramas I may leave them.
Sponsored