Sponsored

Super upset... 12.9 @ 112.8 mph

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
The god damn wheel hop was horrible!!!!

I had to baby it off the line and the 1-2 shit spun bad and wheel hopped even more and let up on the throttle. All 4 passes were like this. :frusty:

I had 04 cobra and it wasn't this bad at all.

Ford has something seriously wrong here. :paddle: The fact I can't take this car to the track and enjoy it is ridiculous. :mad:

60ft - 2.05
1/8 - 8.49 @ 87.87 mph
1/4 - 12.912 @ 112.82 mph

Mods - JLT Cold air intake, Lund tune from beefcake, and MPBR street cat back system.
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like I should buy that rear subframe bushing kit ASAP. Me no likey wheel hop.

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
I would still be happy with that time. I couldn't beat 13.5. Was hopping on the launch and the 1-2

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
atleast with 112 mph the power is there. how was track conditions?

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
The god damn wheel hop was horrible!!!!

I had to baby it off the line and the 1-2 shit spun bad and wheel hopped even more and let up on the throttle. All 4 passes were like this. :frusty:

I had 04 cobra and it wasn't this bad at all.

Ford has something seriously wrong here. :paddle: The fact I can't take this car to the track and enjoy it is ridiculous. :mad:

60ft - 2.05
1/8 - 8.49 @ 87.87 mph
1/4 - 12.912 @ 112.82 mph

Mods - JLT Cold air intake, Lund tune from beefcake, and MPBR street cat back system.
Drag radials would make the car launch completely different.Get some stickys.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I think Steeda can be your friend
David@Steeda will be happy to get you dialed in!

Best Regards,

TJ

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
How are you launching? Are you preloading the suspension? I've yet to have any wheel hop, even with launching under boost.

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are you launching? Are you preloading the suspension? I've yet to have any wheel hop, even with launching under boost.
What is pre-loading the suspension? I launch slipping the clutch a little bit as well as balance how much throttle, usually starting at about 2,500 rpm. Pending on how the car leaves is how much I do of both.

Track conditions. Track was well prepped, as they were having an event on Saturday, so Friday night became the test night.

Weather wise, it was about 76 degrees. After about 930 the dew point hit and you could see moister on the cars. Not sure on the DA or humidity. Someone can look that up, I don't know how? It was friday 4/3, Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX.

Steeda and BMR seem to be offering solutions, just not sure which one to go with yet.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
What is pre-loading the suspension? I launch slipping the clutch a little bit as well as balance how much throttle, usually starting at about 2,500 rpm. Pending on how the car leaves is how much I do of both.

Track conditions. Track was well prepped, as they were having an event on Saturday, so Friday night became the test night.

Weather wise, it was about 76 degrees. After about 930 the dew point hit and you could see moister on the cars. Not sure on the DA or humidity. Someone can look that up, I don't know how? It was friday 4/3, Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX.

Steeda and BMR seem to be offering solutions, just not sure which one to go with yet.
Here to help with any questions! A good starting point would be our IRS subframe bushing support system and subframe alignment kit - feel free to check out some of the reviews.

Next would be vertical links and rear IRS subframe support braces. These items will absolutely reduce wheel hop at the track :)

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Automatics are much less likely to wheel hop; the torque converter absorbs the launch shock much better than a clutch.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Steeda bushing help me with the wheel hop .. I didn't fix 100% of it but they do help ..I'm looking at adding the Steeda sub frame support braces soon ..

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Steeda bushing help me with the wheel hop .. I didn't fix 100% of it but they do help ..I'm looking at adding the Steeda sub frame support braces soon ..
Where'd you run your times at? Bradenton?

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)