Sponsored

Sun shade for the 2015?

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Certainly not enough to need a sunshade; currently 61 degrees and raining.

I have a sunshade, although I've actually never used it, because the hassle of opening and closing it isn't worth the aggravation. From June-September I just open the car windows and let it air out for five-ten minutes before getting in.
A sunshade is a must for me down here. I'd have to wait forever for the car to cool off by just opening the windows. Plus I like the protection it provides the interior from the UV.
Sponsored

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge NSRT-4, 2015 Mustang GT PP
I ordered mine from the stealership parts counter.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just ordered mine 2 days ago.

And for Jimmy. A sunshade is for more than temperature. You are blocking out harmful UV rays that love to degrade and fade the leather and vinyl on your dash, wheel and seats. I don't leave the windows down out here in the sticks let alone in NYC. Some homeless person would probably use it for a toilet if you let the windows down far enough there. I don't have window tint and the extra 30 seconds it takes me to set it up is FAR from a hassle.

Plus it keeps your steering wheel cool enough to touch instead of a flaming hot piece of plastic. Keeps aftermarket gauges cool and the screens unfaded if you get pillar mounted or dash mounted gauges as well. :)

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
A week of 90 - 96 degrees in March down here in the desert. Crazy. Only lazy fools or carports go without them down here... no offense if any lazy fools are reading this :ninja:

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
http://www.autogeek.net/winsunshad.html

Theres a few there that are a custom fit. I just ordered one myself, should be here tomorrow.
If you go to Covercraft's own website (which is one of the customfit ones listed in MazzaBL's link) - they actually have one where it has the 50 years Mustang logo on the sunshade. It was around $63 (with a storage bag) and about $10 for shipping. Just ordered one.

http://www.covercraft.com/mustang/

Ignore the 1964.5 Mustang in the picture. You can select a custom fit for a 2015 Mustang in the options.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Mine just showed up today. Fits like a glove. A little bit tighter around the pillars than what I was used to in the other 2 vehicles that I have these in but no real problems. I'd snap some shots but the disgusting bug splats on the windshield and car would detract from a pic until I can get it cleaned up. The insects have been horrible here this last week. Never seen them so bad. :( Looks like Friday will be sunny here and I will test the shade out. :)

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Yep, this is the one I bought, it sucks....

Oh and as far as 50th anniversary or anything mustang related that fits the '15's, this is all I found, I actually ordered it as soon as I got my car back in December and found it to be 100% unusable. It's just a cheap stiff piece of cardboard with a glossy laminate type finishing on it. Too stiff to even unfold and use. Ended up throwing it in the trash

http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-sunshade-mustang-50-years/p/SUNS2/

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Which one did you get, they don't have a 2015 option yet...
They do if you have the fastback. The convertible option is not available, but I'm not sure how different the dimensions are from the fastback. There is also another option that doesn't work (coupe). So make sure you choose...

Ford - Mustang - 2015

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I see that now thx, at $12.26 to ship it from 150-200 miles from here I think I'll pass....what a joke

They do if you have the fastback. The convertible option is not available, but I'm not sure how different the dimensions are from the fastback. There is also another option that doesn't work (coupe). So make sure you choose...

Ford - Mustang - 2015

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I just got this cheap dual circle pop out kind from Amazon, fits perfect and the best part is that it folds up and slides right into the pouch behind the passenger seat in 5 seconds. The thick metallic accordion style seem to do a slightly better job of reducing temps but they are bulky and not so great for storage.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E5...+sun+shade&dpPl=1&dpID=512-smCvseL&ref=plSrch
Mine (Covercraft folding UVS style) folds up in seconds and slides right behind the passenger seat out of the way and 90% out of sight. Fits like a glove as it was intended to. I've owned these other types before and for me there is NO comparison. Best wishes to you though. :)

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine (Covercraft folding UVS style) folds up in seconds and slides right behind the passenger seat out of the way and 90% out of sight. Fits like a glove as it was intended to. I've owned these other types before and for me there is NO comparison. Best wishes to you though. :)
Mine (the same as yours) should be here soon! :)
Sponsored