Not open for further replies.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quick response David.
What we did was set cruise control to 40km/h on both vehicles as they drove side by side. This was just to make sure the cars were carrying identical speed. Once we counted them in (1,2,3,go) both drivers applied full throttle.
The acceleration was identical. Not even a quarter of a car length by the end of second gear.
Hope this helps.
Cheers[/QUOTE

really doesn't make sense that a tune doesn't improve the performance. goes against every thing else I've read so far. tom
Exactly. That's why I'm asking the question. Seems to me that there's something off in the tune or some condition we've created that didn't allow the car to do its thing. We all felt what the car was capable of the day before but then it went MIA. Bizarre.
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Exactly. That's why I'm asking the question. Seems to me that there's something off in the tune or some condition we've created that didn't allow the car to do its thing. We all felt what the car was capable of the day before but then it went MIA. Bizarre.
Did the streetfighter package include a change in thermostat/fan activation? Might explain why it performed better in the heat, not sure about the cooler weather performance though, sounds a bit weird

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
maybe take it back to re dyno?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did the streetfighter package include a change in thermostat/fan activation? Might explain why it performed better in the heat, not sure about the cooler weather performance though, sounds a bit weird
No idea Matt. It's a possibility I suppose. :shrug:

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
What we did was set cruise control to 40km/h on both vehicles as they drove side by side. This was just to make sure the cars were carrying identical speed. Once we counted them in (1,2,3,go) both drivers applied full throttle.
The acceleration was identical. Not even a quarter of a car length by the end of second gear.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Wouldn't a rolling start be a bit of a disadvantage to the tuned car as performance gains via a tune with exhaust and CAI would be noticed much more from a standing start and right through the rev range. Maybe I am wrong and someone can explain it.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't a rolling start be a bit of a disadvantage to the tuned car as performance gains via a tune with exhaust and CAI would be noticed much more from a standing start and right through the rev range. Maybe I am wrong and someone can explain it.
Too many variables in a standing start. Wheelspin for one, then there's the shift from first to second.
We chose 2nd gear from 40km/h because that gave us a top speed that was within the speed limit of the section of road being used.
Ideally, you'd probably be using a higher gear, to REALLY show off the extra pulling power.

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Too many variables in a standing start. Wheelspin for one, then there's the shift from first to second.
We chose 2nd gear from 40km/h because that gave us a top speed that was within the speed limit of the section of road being used.
Ideally, you'd probably be using a higher gear, to REALLY show off the extra pulling power.
Just to clarify... We also used third gear Burkey. Same result.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand in fact it doesn't surprise me at all. Where is the SF system making the bulk of its power over the systems you tested. How long was it in this zone when testing the cars? I would suggest it would be negligible and that in real world driving conditions there really isn't that much difference between any of the cars regardless of the increase in power. Over what distance was this tested? The SF probably runs cooler because of the extractors ands the lack of heat build up due to the better manifold design. That would seem logical how much does it really contribute to real world driving conditions I would say negligible.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand in fact it doesn't surprise me at all. Where is the SF system making the bulk of its power over the systems you tested. How long was it in this zone when testing the cars? I would suggest it would be negligible and that in real world driving conditions there really isn't that much difference between any of the cars regardless of the increase in power. Over what distance was this tested? The SF probably runs cooler because of the extractors ands the lack of heat build up due to the better manifold design. That would seem logical how much does it really contribute to real world driving conditions I would say negligible.
Shouldn't be that hard to understand. Streetfighter claim an 89kw increase, which should be more than adequate to beat the other cars at stock (or there about) power levels. Even if the car only makes more power at 5000rpm plus, it should still pull away above that rev range. I don't consider an almost 30% increase in power negligible.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This car was dynoed before and after the fitment of the system/tune. It showed a ~20% increase afterward and that power was available virtually everywhere in the rev range.
If we assume the stock car has ~300kw, this thing is/was producing 360kw. The difference between the two should be blatantly obvious.
Our second and third gear tests were from the bottom of the rev range, all the way to redline.
If that isn't a test of "how she goes", I'm lost.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Hi Burkey

I would definitely expect to see some result from your method.
An extra 25% (approx) in power should translate into an advantage.

Our development vehicle ran a 12.8 1/4 mile standard / brand new as we purchased it. I believe it may of even had the same delivery fuel.
Standard power was 255 rwkw / it now has over 300 rwkw.
We are yet to re-test it to understand speed differences on drag strip.

Our 400 rwkw Mustangs have been tested and are running approx average 11.8 drag times.

I will keep you informed once we have more 300 rwkw vehicles properly timed on track.

Do you have the before and after dyno sheet for the SF tuned Mustang

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Only getting 11.8 out of a true 400rwkw is very poor. A completely factory F6 with around 280rwkw would get a 12.2 straight off the factory floor. 400rwkw should get you into the 10's on factory tyres with a mediocre 60ft time and a trap speed of around 135mph, so something is not correct.

What dyno and what settings do you use specifically ramp rate.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Burkey

I would definitely expect to see some result from your method.
An extra 25% (approx) in power should translate into an advantage.

Our development vehicle ran a 12.8 1/4 mile standard / brand new as we purchased it. I believe it may of even had the same delivery fuel.
Standard power was 255 rwkw / it now has over 300 rwkw.
We are yet to re-test it to understand speed differences on drag strip.

Our 400 rwkw Mustangs have been tested and are running approx average 11.8 drag times.

I will keep you informed once we have more 300 rwkw vehicles properly timed on track.

Do you have the before and after dyno sheet for the SF tuned Mustang
Hi David,
Here is the dyno sheet from the vehicle in question.
IMG_1216.jpg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
They ran it in the wrong gear? Should be in 5th
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.