Status
Not open for further replies.

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Surprised they have not said hey guys we have a kit it’s XYZ

Because currently I’m still waiting for people to release a kit so I can buy with no worries.
not looking to sell a million like the retail shops, happy to sell a few to existing/new customers and do the install in-house, that way know that it's done and everything checked before it leaves the shop.

oil filter relocates for easy access, European/Australian and US made parts only are being used
ford-mustang-under-2.jpg
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Some serious hp there....

Does the diffuser have to come off every time the oil gets changed? Seems like you know them, do you think they'd be interested in a group buy for a kit?

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Hi Guys,

Thought I will bring back to life the Oil cooler thread we seemed to have hi jacked Street fighter thread.

Also still waiting on the price for this kit.

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Some serious hp there....

Does the diffuser have to come off every time the oil gets changed? Seems like you know them, do you think they'd be interested in a group buy for a kit?
it's not bad hp, the car runs 149mph over the 1/4 that's showing about 1050hp/780kw at the engine, this is still factory motor, just with oil pump gears. we've been friends a long time, we work on some cool builds together, this was one of them. i've been around Modular/Coyote for years, building and speccing them up for circuit cars/boats etc. we're working on 2 other builds (6R80 auto and MT82 manual) utilising the Edelbrock TVS2650 blower, which will once again freak people out :headbang:

the diffuser takes about 2 minutes to come off, this was the best place to put it, especially considering the twin turbo setup. it can be moved elsewhere.

i'm sure we could set something up for a group buy, prefer it to be just for Sydney buyers so we can QC all the work. doing a couple oil cooler setups at the shop in the next couple weeks, will get the boys to throw some pics up on their Facebook page

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi Guys,

Thought I will bring back to life the Oil cooler thread we seemed to have hi jacked Street fighter thread.
[MENTION=8154]stang[/MENTION] 86 good idea see you there

i'm sure we could set something up for a group buy, prefer it to be just for Sydney buyers so we can QC all the work. doing a couple oil cooler setups at the shop in the next couple weeks, will get the boys to throw some pics up on their Facebook page
[MENTION=25543]MoosaTunga[/MENTION] that'd be good, can you let us know on the oil cooler failure thread please

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90359&page=5

Sponsored

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Please can you offer an option to relocate the filter on the new kit? It’s such a pig changing filters on the rhd cars! Relocation to the engine bay would be great for those of us who change our own oil more frequently.
Relocating the oil cooler renders double the amount of plumbing , fittings and labour required to carry out an installation.
The Streetfighter oil cooler kit is an OEM look and fit.
The 20150-2017 RHD Mustang already has minimal room and access for plumbing around the engine bay and front grille area.
To add double the plumbing and bracketry would create a a messy aftermarket type fit.
Our aim is to keep all as OEM and neat as possible.
The current oil filter position is absolutely no problem to replace. We have made it even easier by offering a smaller filter for even easier removal again.
The standard position filter also has a directional drain funnel set up that directs the oil straight into your catch sump when draining.
There was no logic to remove all the OEM position and relocate .

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Relocating the oil cooler renders double the amount of plumbing , fittings and labour required to carry out an installation.
The Streetfighter oil cooler kit is an OEM look and fit.
The 20150-2017 RHD Mustang already has minimal room and access for plumbing around the engine bay and front grille area.
To add double the plumbing and bracketry would create a a messy aftermarket type fit.
Our aim is to keep all as OEM and neat as possible.
The current oil filter position is absolutely no problem to replace. We have made it even easier by offering a smaller filter for even easier removal again.
The standard position filter also has a directional drain funnel set up that directs the oil straight into your catch sump when draining.
There was no logic to remove all the OEM position and relocate .
Street fighter when is pricing being released for this? I agree less plumbing is better, less failure points and less weight. You can use on of those rubber form-a-funnels to direct oil from the filter into drain pan when changing oil.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^as above hanging to know price

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
^^as above hanging to know price
Will release pricing by end of week. Kit available begining Dec.
We are taking first production run orders for workshops now.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
You said that last week
Our apologies. There are several components pending price that has held us up. Definitely end of this week!

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries I’m just super excited

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Due to immediate need and demand we are running a short production run before Christmas.
This will allow us to release limited numbers of packages available by early December

We are currently taking orders from many workshops
For forum members and retail that want to secure before Christmas we are taking orders as of today*

You will need to contact me directly as we have not yet activated sale of this kit on our online store.
Ask for David
[email protected] or 08 82999998
As a an intro and added bonus until xmas , Streetfighter will include a free Ryco SynTec High Performance Oil filter worth $36 to forum members only*.

Streetfighter Engine Oil Cooler Package $1199 inc GST*
https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/product/streetfighter-engine-oil-cooler-package-gt-v8/

Streetfighter Engine Oil Pressure Monotoring Kit $895 inc GST*
https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/product/streetfighter-oil-pressure-monitoring-kit-gt-v8/

*Deposit required/*only while stocks last
*Plus Freight Australia and New Zealand wide

Last edited:

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Thanks for this information Dave, hearing all the stories of failing oil coolers (even on stock cars!) is a huge cause of anxiety for us Aussie RHD Mustang GT owners. I appreciate the effort you're putting into helping us all with this issue.

I just have a question regarding your Streetfighter / Mishimoto oil cooler package -

Does the Streetfighter kit completely replace the old oil cooler, or does it piggyback the Mishimoto oil cooler onto half of the existing RHD oil cooler? I have circled the part in question in red in the image attached. In your photos it appears that a large part of the original (failure-prone) oil cooler remains.

Background - My Mustang oil cooler utilises many parts from the Modular Motorsports Racing (MMR) kit. I must point out that it wasn’t as simple an installation as your kit claims - custom modifications were required to fit the LHD kit to my RHD car and there were additional space constraints due to my large front-mount procharger intercooler.
However, for maximum peace of mind, it is certainly possible to remove the entire original oil cooler – do you plan to offer this?
Thanks for letting us know how your Streetfighter kit addresses this.

Regards,
Tien
streetfailure oil cooler setup.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.