Sponsored

Stop acceleration and brake "squat"; Suspension Lesson

craig.martell

Threads
Reaction score
Central Coast of CA (20 min from Laguna Seca :-)
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Ingot Silver, 3.55, Black Appearance
I just picked up a 2016 GT Base. I don't care about leather or the better stereo. And on the whole, I didn't like the way the Performance Pack drove on bumpy streets. This will not be my track car (I have a Lotus for that). I do have the Black Appearance package with 19" wheels and 3.55 rear gears.

I like the feel of the drive of the base set up, except for hard take offs and braking. Is there a simple way to prevent the way it leans way back on take off and dives on braking? Cornering is fine as it is, but I am ok if it gets flatter. What I don't want is a stiffer ride. And, I don't want to lower the car, so I am not sure springs are the answer.

I know this is possible in general, since my Lotus Evora S is magic on this front. Very compliant on the bumps, but essentially flat on take off, stopping and cornering. I know they are very different cars, and I don't need to replicate Lotus handling. I just want to stop the squat and dive without diminishing the way it soaks up bumps.

Also, I wouldn't mind a little lesson on how each of the parts of the suspension work and what they affect:

1. Springs?
2. Dampers/Shocks? Compression? Rebound?
3. Sway bars?
4. Etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Check with Kelly at BMR Suspension for more accurate advice ..
He set a record time with his built up drag suspension and has the knowledge and wherewith all to give honest opinions that inform as well as Educate the consumer !