Stepped over to the dark side...

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT w/ Performance Pack
After being raised as a Chevy man, I have stepped over to the dark side. I love cars in general, along with the car world. I love reading reviews and comparing cars. I have especially been comparing the 2015 Challenger, 2015 Camaro and 2015 Mustang. I recently sold my 1969 Camaro LS3 project car so I could purchase a brand new car from one of the big 3. I a feel I have made the right decision is purchasing an 8 mile 2015 Black Mustang GT with the Track Pack! Coming from a Chevy background with plenty of Chevy friends, they aren't taking it too well and frankly, I don't care. I am open minded and I finally feel that Ford (in my opinion) is the superior American car manufacturer. Not just in quality, but in what they stand for. I am a very political person and like the fact that Ford never took Americans money in a bail out. They are building a great quality vehicle for more affordable prices than their competitors. I have reviewed the 1LE and Track Pack GT very extensively and even though the 1LE has a slight edge on the GT, I feel that with a few modifications the GT will out perform the 1LE. I feel very good about what I paid for my GT compared to what I would have had to pay for a 1LE. I have never owned a brand new car, but finally after 28 vehicles, in my 28 years on this earth I have been able to do that now. I am very excited to get to work on my GT, although I am pleased with it pretty much as is. I am looking forward to the 6g community too!

Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Nice! Good choice although I'm biased! And I kept an open mind as well because I like cars in general.

I didn't know what to think when I saw a ZL1 at a neighboring parking lot to mine every day going to work...then I learned the guy traded in a fully loaded truck to get it and its his only car...and were in South Dakota...with pretty bad winters. Learning that has made me feel much superior again haha. :lol:

And I agree, a couple bolt ons, a tune, and better rubber and it should easily take a ZL1.

Hope you have an issue free ownership experience! :cheers:

BOSS 32V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT pp
Welcome!

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have always been a Mopar guy but 3 of the last 4 new cars I have purchased have been Fords. I purchased a EB Premium as my new daily driver. As much as I like the Mustang my first love is and will continue to be the 68 Barracuda that is parked in the garage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Am1nal

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I have always been a Mopar guy but 3 of the last 4 new cars I have purchased have been Fords. I purchased a EB Premium as my new daily driver. As much as I like the Mustang my first love is and will continue to be the 68 Barracuda that is parked in the garage.
My uncle has a red '68 fastback barracuda.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
It's called coming OUT of the dark, not coming to the dark side. I applaud you on your ability to look past silly brand-loyalty and purchasing a car based on what it does for you! Congrats on the new Mustang!

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Welcome to the RIGHT side!!! Just kidding,... Congrats awsome car..

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
what everyone else said... plus..great color!

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
It's called coming OUT of the dark, not coming to the dark side. I applaud you on your ability to look past silly brand-loyalty and purchasing a car based on what it does for you! Congrats on the new Mustang!
Nope, I like thinking of it as the Dark Side too. EMBRACE IT!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Am1nal

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Haha I am already liking this community!

OP
OP
Am1nal

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I finally got to put some miles on it yesterday. The weather gave me a break. I must say, I am more excited about it than when I first bought it. The power is amazing, the handling, the quality, etc. Can't wait to order my exhaust!

OP
OP
Am1nal

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Finally hit 1000 miles!!!
Sponsored