Sponsored

Steering groan

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
I've started to notice an odd sound that only occurs during certain driving situations.

Slowing down, preparing to make a sharp (usually 90-degree) turn, but not coming to a complete stop and taking the turn fairly quickly (not whipping the car around, but also not puttering at 2mph through the turn), I hear what I can best describe as a groaning noise I think coming from the engine bay.

The sound only lasts for a moment as I'm rapidly turning the wheel into the direction of the turn.

Any thoughts? PS pump issue? :shrug:
Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Not a pump as the car has electrically assisted steering.

This has been discussed before - has happen to me twice, turning left into the same gas station! - A search will be your best bet. I believe it was suggested that MagneRide might be the culprit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kratty

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Not a pump as the car has electrically assisted steering.

This has been discussed before - has happen to me twice, turning left into the same gas station! This has been discussed before - a search will be your best bet. I believe it was suggested that MagneRide might be the culprit.
Thanks. Tried the search feature but guess I wasn't using the right key words. Could you point me to the thread?

Interesting that it might be Magneride because I've also noticed some odd suspension sound (clanks) when pulling into my parking garage that has a slight lip that causes one wheel to articulate fairly steeply.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Sorry, it's been a while since that thread was active - your guess would be as good as mine (in the search) - suspension noise, engine noise, steering noise, etc.?
Sponsored