Sponsored

Steeda Sport LINEAR Spring True Drop?

eddie2x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Guys,

I've done a lot of searching on this great site, but I'm having difficulty finding pictures or confirmed drop amount from Steeda's linear sport springs. There's lots of pictures, but many aren't confirming if it's their progressive or linear springs.

Here's my dilemma, I purchased Steeda springs for a previous vehicle and the drop was far from what was advertised--even after years of driving the car. Steeda never included the instructions although their sales guy told me they'd be in the box...and most of us (myself included) install our springs on the weekend when Steeda's tech guys are out.

So I'm reluctant to consider Steeda springs, however I'm really thinking Linear/specific rate for my GT, so there's less choices. If anyone can confirm the drop of Steeda linear springs on a GT I'd appreciate it. Please let me know if the drop is greater in the rear than front (as it appears in some pictures), I'm afraid of the "boat" look and want a level drop or a rake. Thanks!
Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
I just installed the steeda linear sport springs last week so they have had some decent time to settle, I can confirm that the drop is an even 1" all around. Looks great to me, fills in the fender gap perfectly without looking noticeably dropped. Ride quality is still good for daily, but it is noticeably stiffer, I went with the linear because i autocross. I will take a pic and upload it after i get off work today.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Guys,

I've done a lot of searching on this great site, but I'm having difficulty finding pictures or confirmed drop amount from Steeda's linear sport springs. There's lots of pictures, but many aren't confirming if it's their progressive or linear springs.

Here's my dilemma, I purchased Steeda springs for a previous vehicle and the drop was far from what was advertised--even after years of driving the car. Steeda never included the instructions although their sales guy told me they'd be in the box...and most of us (myself included) install our springs on the weekend when Steeda's tech guys are out.

So I'm reluctant to consider Steeda springs, however I'm really thinking Linear/specific rate for my GT, so there's less choices. If anyone can confirm the drop of Steeda linear springs on a GT I'd appreciate it. Please let me know if the drop is greater in the rear than front (as it appears in some pictures), I'm afraid of the "boat" look and want a level drop or a rake. Thanks!
Our Ultralite linears drop the car 1.125" in front and 1" out back. There are a bunch of customers riding around on our linears, [MENTION=7394]DarkSubRosa[/MENTION] has them installed as well. Here are a couple pics of his car, feel free to pm me with any questions!:
user7394_pic2777_1440210643.jpg
user7394_pic2781_1440210643.jpg

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ok so I just had these installed. First time around the rears were incredibly low. Worked with some techs at Steeda and figured out that the shop had installed the fronts upside down. To be fair the logos were facing upright so they thought they had it right. So the fix for the rear being too low should have been flipping the front springs. Had that done today and it did nothing to the rears. They are completely tucked. I have looked at dozens of pics and no other car looks like mine with these springs. I have attached pics. Any thoughts?

B777166F-765F-46E1-B413-45AA70326957.jpeg
634EB079-9587-47AD-9E35-97E0A6E1C2B0.jpeg

Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
Ended up with a rear spacer on mine, sat too low and rode on the bumpstops, bad times all around. Although, if your shop managed to get a front spring wrong might check that the rears still have there rubber isolators and are seated properly.

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
All the isolators are there. this is a very good shop it wasn't;t there fault. Apparently from Steeda this batch required the spring to be installed with logos upside down in the front. There were no instructions for anything in the box and these guys who normally work on porch and other german cars did what they normally do. The front didn't;t actually sit much different then it does now.

So did the spacers work? I usually run an 11" rear wheel with 325 tires for the summer and right now I don't think there is any way it will work with these springs having the rear so low.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So, why buy springs and then have the added expense and hassle of installing spacers? Why not just buy a set of springs that will do the job right the first time. There are options other than Steeda. Am I missing something here?

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes you are, I already paid for these and for the installation. I would like them to work. Not going to spend several $$hundred more on springs and then install again.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yes you are, I already paid for these and for the installation. I would like them to work. Not going to spend several $$hundred more on springs and then install again.
I wasn't implying that you go and buy new springs... I was wondering why people buy the Steeda's and then complain that the car sits too low in the back when it is common to sit too low. Steeda should revise the design or include spacers.

Sponsored

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
IS it common? I did a ton of research and with the ultra lite linear seems everyone else is sitting just right.......

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
IS it common? I did a ton of research and with the ultra lite linear seems everyone else is sitting just right.......
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...to-your-s550-mustang-today.11109/post-3107464

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/why-is-the-rear-ride-height-so-low.145577/post-2980686

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/anyone-used-spring-spacers.129830/post-2681535

Those are a few.
I think the problem is actually the rear tires are bigger than the front and fills the wheel well more giving the illusion of sitting too low. Are you running a staggered wheel setup?
Either way, spacers are your solution.

The Steeda ultra lites are probably fine if you have a symmetrical wheel/tire setup.

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for those links. Funny thing is i would be happy if i was even close to some of those setups....mine is totally tucked which i don't want. I am running a staggered setup for the summer. 10" in the front and 11" in the rear.

The pics I posted are my winter setup with the stock back accent wheels. I think they are 9"?

Looks like i need spacers....such a frigging bummer and honestly pisses me off quite a bit as Steeda claims for only a 1" rear drop.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks for those links. Funny thing is i would be happy if i was even close to some of those setups....mine is totally tucked which i don't want. I am running a staggered setup for the summer. 10" in the front and 11" in the rear.

The pics I posted are my winter setup with the stock back accent wheels. I think they are 9"?

Looks like i need spacers....such a frigging bummer and honestly pisses me off quite a bit as Steeda claims for only a 1" rear drop.
It looks low and tucked all right. Did the shop do what's called "clocking the bushings"? Maybe something is bound up in the back. Do you know what your camber is set to in the rear? With stock 19"s all around it really shouldn't look that low. I'm talking about the body wheel gap. Have you tried putting your staggered on to see how it sits? I know... big PITA to do that.
Sponsored