Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Ride Height Spacer Kit (15-17)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Have you ever wanted to raise your S550 Mustang slightly in the front? Whether it be for larger tires or getting the stance just the way you want it, the team at Steeda designed these adjustable front spring spacers to meet your needs. This kit allows for a total range of adjustment from 1/8"-1/2" raised ride height in increments of 1/8". The assembly mounts onto the factory strut mount in the front of your S550 Mustang. As a budget friendly alternative to swapping out the front springs, order your Steeda adjustable front spring spacers today!

Product Benefits:
  • Raise the front of your car to prevent rubbing or achieve the perfect desired stance
  • Adjustable added height from 1/8" to 1/2"
  • Made in the USA
  • LIFETIME warranty
Note: Upper strut mount is not included

https://www.steeda.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=637
555-8254--1 S550 SPACER KIT.jpg
555-8254--3.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Compatible with caster/camber plates of most types?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Now that is just bad ass.

Just out of curiosity, can someone answer a question about raising vehicles in this fashion? Say the stock car sits at 7" off the ground. Spring A and spring B are the exact same spring rates but different lengths. Spring A will put the car at 6 3/4" off the ground and spring B will put the car 7" off the ground. You use spacers to raise the car with spring A so it is 7" off the ground. Is there any difference between how the two cars will handle?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Now that is just bad ass.

Just out of curiosity, can someone answer a question about raising vehicles in this fashion? Say the stock car sits at 7" off the ground. Spring A and spring B are the exact same spring rates but different lengths. Spring A will put the car at 6 3/4" off the ground and spring B will put the car 7" off the ground. You use spacers to raise the car with spring A so it is 7" off the ground. Is there any difference between how the two cars will handle?
There are no difference as the spring rate are the same.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Good question Performance Nut ... let me see if I can explain through the forum with the help of our internal team.

You are essentially saying basically spring B is a stock spring and spring A is a shorter stock spring, but both maintain the same rate.

In this scenario, you are correct that spring A would lower the vehicle.

You then say that spring A lowers the vehicle 1/4".

You then want to use the spacer kit to get back to stock ride height.

You haven't changed anything dimensionally in relation to any hard points on the car.

The only thing he has done is reduce the travel in the spring.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Good question Performance Nut ... let me see if I can explain through the forum with the help of our internal team.

You are essentially saying basically spring B is a stock spring and spring A is a shorter stock spring, but both maintain the same rate.

In this scenario, you are correct that spring A would lower the vehicle.

You then say that spring A lowers the vehicle 1/4".

You then want to use the spacer kit to get back to stock ride height.

You haven't changed anything dimensionally in relation to any hard points on the car.

The only thing he has done is reduce the travel in the spring.

Best Regards,

TJ
That is the conclusion I came to; however, on paper and in reality seem to have different outcomes. Just wanted to make sure it really was that simple :)

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
Have you ever wanted to raise your S550 Mustang slightly in the front? Whether it be for larger tires or getting the stance just the way you want it, the team at Steeda designed these adjustable front spring spacers to meet your needs. This kit allows for a total range of adjustment from 1/8"-1/2" raised ride height in increments of 1/8". The assembly mounts onto the factory strut mount in the front of your S550 Mustang. As a budget friendly alternative to swapping out the front springs, order your Steeda adjustable front spring spacers today!

Product Benefits:
  • Raise the front of your car to prevent rubbing or achieve the perfect desired stance
  • Adjustable added height from 1/8" to 1/2"
  • Made in the USA
  • LIFETIME warranty
Note: Upper strut mount is not included

https://www.steeda.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=637
I had my BMR SP089 front springs installed today with this spacer kit. The installer used 3 x 1/8" spacers to get the drop from 7/8" drop to 1/2" drop to match the 1/2" drop of the BMR SP082 rear springs. Worked as advertised with no problems. The front drop measured right where it was supposed to. I now have a 1/2" drop front & back just like I wanted.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had my BMR SP089 front springs installed today with this spacer kit. The installer used 3 x 1/8" spacers to get the drop from 7/8" drop to 1/2" drop to match the 1/2" drop of the BMR SP082 rear springs. Worked as advertised with no problems. The front drop measured right where it was supposed to. I now have a 1/2" drop front & back just like I wanted.
Pics when you can!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, pictures!

TJ

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Here are some pictures of my car using the Steeda Front Ride Height Spacer Kit. I used three 1/8" spacers. The springs are BMR SP089 front and SP082 rear for a 1/2" drop front and rear.
P400-1.jpg
P400-2.jpg
P400-3.jpg

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pictures of my car using the Steeda Front Ride Height Spacer Kit. I used three 1/8" spacers. The springs are BMR SP089 front and SP082 rear for a 1/2" drop front and rear.
Looks great! Now it just needs some spacers to fill out the wells haha. 20 mm are perfect with those wheels.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Very nice !! Thank you!

Steeda Tech

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I got a four wheel alignment today. The alignment shop had to slot my struts in order to bring the front camber into spec. Not sure if this was caused by the front spacers or not. Maybe someone out there with more experience in this area could make a comment about why this might have happened. I had the Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts installed on my non-PP OEM springs 2000 miles ago and didn't get an alignment at that time so I have no baseline. But the left front camber was -2.5 deg and right front camber was -3.2 deg before alignment. The spec is around -0.1 so the front camber on both sides was way out of spec.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I got a four wheel alignment today. The alignment shop had to slot my struts in order to bring the front camber into spec. Not sure if this was caused by the front spacers or not. Maybe someone out there with more experience in this area could make a comment about why this might have happened. I had the Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts installed on my non-PP OEM springs 2000 miles ago and didn't get an alignment at that time so I have no baseline. But the left front camber was -2.5 deg and right front camber was -3.2 deg before alignment. The spec is around -0.1 so the front camber on both sides was way out of spec.
Whoa! I'm dropped another 0.2" in the front and mine ended up at -1.5 left and right. They didn't touch it.
Sponsored