Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Springs

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Hi all,
My 5.0 Mustang is coming up for a set of front tyres soon. At my last service, Ford recon that it could do with an alignment once new tyres are on.
Long story short, I'm debaiting going to MAP, getting their stage 0 chassis package & tyres at the same time (so nice upgrade, tyres and alignment!).

I've had plenty of lowered cars in years gone by, but what I REALLY don't want is a hard riding car that crashes around over bumps (you've all been there I'm sure, not fun!)- just wanted to see if any of you guys have these springs & what the ride quality is like, compared to stock ?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't think you'll be in any danger with the progressive springs (about a 1" drop I believe). I have the Eibach equivalent springs - the ÂŁ155 ones available from Ford, which drop by 1" all round. I also have spacers; 20mm rear, 23mm front. Never had issues with speed bumps, handles much better than stock - the "floatyness" you get in the corners is gone, but I'd say the ride is a little firmer, not by a huge amount but it is noticeable.

Had the same set up on my ecoboost and I highly recommend doing it. Not only for the handling, but the way the car sits, looks a lot better IMO.

OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Cheers mate, much appreciated- I know it's not a huge drop, but I'd be gutted if it ruined the ride quality!!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ive always read progressivs>>>>>>>>>> and some >>>> linears for street. If you are tracking, then linear. You get the nice sporty suspension feeling with the softness for bumps etc.

That said, I absolutely love my progressive Steeda springs + pro non adjustable struts/shocks combo and Steeda sway bars.

edit oh I forgot, I added 285.35.19 wheels, so now I added a little bit of gap back.
IMG_7927.jpg

OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
get linears not progressives tbh and probably go anywhere but map :crackup:
any garage will fit a set of springs for you for a few quid its not a big job also recommend adding a bmr cb005 and you'll be much happier with the handling then
How come anywhere but MAP ?

Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just swapped my PP1 springs for the Steeda sport progressives a week or two ago. Still getting used to them but there is a little bit of noticeable ride quality. Overall with the 1" drop on stock PP1 struts, the ride is a little bit more bumpy, but not bad. I was a bit worried as well and it is really only noticeable at slower speeds. I also did other suspension work to stiffen up the front end and bushings in the IRS at the same time. Overall, it's a much better ride from many other perspectives that outweigh a SLIGHT feel of bumps at slower speeds.
I haven't driven aggressively enough at higher speeds to determine any other real differences.

Reactions: cb1
OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
I just swapped my PP1 springs for the Steeda sport progressives a week or two ago. Still getting used to them but there is a little bit of noticeable ride quality. Overall with the 1" drop on stock PP1 struts, the ride is a little bit more bumpy, but not bad. I was a bit worried as well and it is really only noticeable at slower speeds. I also did other suspension work to stiffen up the front end and bushings in the IRS at the same time. Overall, it's a much better ride from many other perspectives that outweigh a SLIGHT feel of bumps at slower speeds.
I haven't driven aggressively enough at higher speeds to determine any other real differences.
Cheers dude, was looking for honest feedback - sounds like linear springs is where it's at for decent Street ride quality

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers dude, was looking for honest feedback - sounds like linear springs is where it's at for decent Street ride quality
I am kind of confused, the guy above you posted he had Steeda progressive, and mentioned his ride quality. Did I miss something or did he say linear springs would of been better? Every single post and straight from Steeda themselves said if you was street driving, they recommended 100000x progressive.

Only time for recommending linear was for track.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mustang-progressive-vs-linear-springs.138095/

&

https://www.steeda.com/mustang-progressive-linear-springs

OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Sorry, my bad - i meant progressives

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I updated the post to include some links.

I do not regret progressives at all, its tight snappy, I feel confident in quick turns and such. when I do hit bumps, I do feel them, but barely. its a little worst than stock, but the handling trade off was wonderful, the drop is just an added bonus.

but linear for a DD, would be much bumper, and that much worst quality that we appreciate in comfort.

Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yeah ... just to clarify - I have no problems or real issues with the progressives. Just stating that there is a noticeable difference. To be honest I think I would take issue if there WASN'T an issue.... I wanted and like the drop/stance and am fine with the street ride.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
personal preference tbh i dislike the change in the handling feel on progressive when you hit the change over point i prefer to know exactly how the car will behave throughout the entire travel progressives feel unstable and unpredictable to me especially on the shit roads we have in the UK where you'll often transition into the different stiffness part when you least want it resulting in your spine taking the beating or the car vanishing into a ditch without permission.

having said that a lot of people are fine with progressives and have no problems so as i said personal preference

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
personal preference tbh i dislike the change in the handling feel on progressive when you hit the change over point i prefer to know exactly how the car will behave throughout the entire travel progressives feel unstable and unpredictable to me especially on the shit roads we have in the UK where you'll often transition into the different stiffness part when you least want it resulting in your spine taking the beating or the car vanishing into a ditch without permission.

having said that a lot of people are fine with progressives and have no problems so as i said personal preference
Exactly linear more able to predict handling and more expensive than progressive... It is a personal preference really... I prefer linear and will pay the extra $ for it...