Sponsored

Steeda Industry First - Adjustable S550 Rear Camber Mounts (Sneak Peek)

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
From what degree to what degree are these adjustable?
The Steeda part has the same slot as stock and doesn't seem to limit the adjustment. Your start and end points will depend on how much the car is lowered.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
From what degree to what degree are these adjustable?
Since it still uses the same slot as stock...should be the same range.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Same adjustment as stock just gives you a gauge to set it for the strip/track and then before going home setting it back to your street alignment. It's great for guys like me that run around with a more road course oriented setup most of the time with lots of negative camber, which is terrible for a drag strip. Sometimes you jus let gotta run a 1/4 one weekend. Also allows you to experiment with what works woth your ride height precisely without total dependence on an alignment rack. Toe change is relatively minimal but after installing I'd get camber set for your usual driving at an alignment shop, then adjust at the track where you aren't doing thousands of miles.

If you need more or even less camber than is possible with stock adjustment, get Steeda camber arms. I'll be getting those eventually once I advance driver classes.

Steeda track tested this hard. I asked the same question about "adding metal" and left that conversation without a worry. It's actually beefing up this area.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still time to save during our sale!

Best Regards,

TJ

[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION], I tried again to order this part, to take advantage of the discount, but it shows that there's no shipping option to my address! Last time I tried in Xmas to get this same part.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION], I tried again to order this part, to take advantage of the discount, but it shows that there's no shipping option to my address! Last time I tried in Xmas to get this same part.
Call in and they can help you out. Same thing happened to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Rebellion,

Please send me your contact info to [email protected] so that we can see what may be taking place.

We will ensure you get the New Years savings.

Best Regards,

TJ

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rebellion,

Please send me your contact info to [email protected] so that we can see what may be taking place.

We will ensure you get the New Years savings.

Best Regards,

TJ
Will do, I'll send you an email tomorrow morning. Thanks!

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Alignment day. The techs had a pretty easy time overall with the camber mounts using long ratcheting wrenches. Once everything was buttoned up went on an extended test drive. On a left hand corner heard a bang and the car lurched sideways. Took it back to the shop. I didn't see them use a torque wrench the first time but at this point they were humble enough to take my advice the second time.

Everything is torqued properly now. The shop was able to use a torque wrench with the nut facing forward (not easy but got it done). Feels great now and couldn't get it to misbehave. So, to Voodoo's point, make sure this puppy gets torqued properly to 85 ft/lbs. And rear toe at 129 ft/lbs too. Else you risk some hair raising surprises.

I wanted something just a little more aggressive than stock (for the PP) with a little more neutrality front to rear. Here are the final numbers I got to from Black Jack Speed Shop:
IMG_20170102_152950.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Alignment day. The techs had a pretty easy time overall with the camber mounts using long ratcheting wrenches. Once everything was buttoned up went on an extended test drive. On a left hand corner heard a bang and the car lurched sideways. Took it back to the shop. I didn't see them use a torque wrench the first time but at this point they were humble enough to take my advice the second time.

Everything is torqued properly now. The shop was able to use a torque wrench with the nut facing forward (not easy but got it done). Feels great now and couldn't get it to misbehave. So, to Voodoo's point, make sure this puppy gets torqued properly to 85 ft/lbs. And rear toe at 129 ft/lbs too. Else you risk some hair raising surprises.

I wanted something just a little more aggressive than stock (for the PP) with a little more neutrality front to rear. Here are the final numbers I got to from Black Jack Speed Shop:
Do you have camber plates/bolts in the front?

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
More camber in the back than the front? How come? Is that good? I'll be aligning mine this weekend.
OEM camber spec for the Performance Package:

Front: -1
Rear: -1.5

I suspect a preference for oversteer from the factory as well as some consideration of suspension dynamics on the s550 chassis. My setup, with the Steeda Pro Action fixed valve shocks, feels pretty neutral to me. Easy to steer with loud pedal.

Last edited:

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you have camber plates/bolts in the front?
Yes. Have the Maximum Motorsports camber plates. Nice units. Lowered on Steeda Sport Linears. Took out a lot of camber and castor to get to those numbers. Plates are doing their job.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Have the Maximum Motorsports camber plates. Nice units. Lowered on Steeda Sport Linears. Took out a lot of camber and castor to get to those numbers. Plates are doing their job.
Thanks. I'm on the GT350R fronts so it lowered only ~0.7", and my rough guess is I've got about 1.5-1.7 deg in the front. Not sure what they'll be able to do without plates or bolts, if anything.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
From what I've seen, OE specs are not for performance, they're for safety... made to keep powerful cars from getting away from unqualified drivers. Maybe that's different with the mustang?
The PP settings above are a little more aggressive than base spec. For comparison here are the Ford Racing/Handling spec for circuit / auto x:

Front Camber: -1.55
Rear Camber: -1.98

Again rear biased and certainly performance oriented though a few forum members are running way more front camber.

Check out Gibbo's handling guide on this forum. Good info and where I got the numbers above. Kelly at BMR is another great resource to this community and is a handling guru.
Sponsored