Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Our Steeda Driving Experience on Friday was another amazing day out, attended by all manner of cool guests, including (in no particular order)
Ford UK, Michelin AND a Spitfire pilot who put on an amazing aerobatic display for us!

Ford UK brought along their Ruby Red Supercharged stang, which is Steeda equipped, wearing Velgen Split 5 20" wheels, shod with Michelin PS4S demo car, their blue Ford Performance equipped demo car, AND also a black MY18 car.

Ford were kind enough to let me have a couple of laps in the 18 car (equipped with 10 speed auto box) and Bailey from Haynes came along too.

I was overall very impressed with the car I have to say. It feels like a real clear "step up" from the initial S550 model, and I actually like the looks "in the metal" although I still didn't like the standard mesh wheels. The new split spoke wheels are better though.

To me it seems a great start for an "OK like this car" where as the previous model really NEEDED the Steeda (and of course others) touch, in that it NEEDED an exhaust of some kind, in my opinion it needed wheels, it clearly begs to get some suspension work, etc, whereas the new 2018 car gives you a nice exhaust, which is active straight out of the box, plus more power, plus with magneride an OK suspension setup for "everyday" performance use.

Of course you can still change things up and you can clearly improve on things still, but I feel its got more options that allow a better feel of "entry level" satisfaction.

Its of course still very much on a taste basis though, as somethings are seen as an improvement and others not, its all down to individual ideas, which of course is the spirit of Mustang!

I recently met someone who thought the old auto box was better, and someone else who though the old non digi dash was much better. The exhaust and looks are also very much a taste thing too.

Its great to see the new 18 comes with Michelin PS4S as standard too now, so another nice step up there!

:cheers::ford:

Thanks to all who came along, and stay tuned for pics and videos etc....

Our next Steeda Driving Experience is in September, so book by licking the link below:

https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-driving-experience-speed-matters-c2x22382833
Ford UK Steeda UK Line Up North Weald SDE3.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (TY, UCL 87, appeared on Top Gear)
Ford's Supercharged Ruby Red GT - chassis number

I wondered if anyone had taken a photo or noted the chassis number. I am interested as I suspect that it might be my original UCL (87) order, which suffered a ding in transit.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for the feedback. Whilst I've yet to drive an '18 myself, most reviews do seem to agree that its the best "stock" Mustang to date. That being said, everything can be improved, so I'm looking forward to seeing your first '18 demonstrator :)

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Our 18 cars are going strong in the US including setting a world record for NA drag performance...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]NjG3Cr7jeik[/MEDIA]"]

Also the Steeda Driving Day gave me a chance to have a bit of a play with our Q500 and wow the grip is phenomenal! The rear end just keeps on gripping with the Steeda suspension combined with some nice fat Michelin PS42.

On the high speed bend I wanted to get the back end out, and I tried piling in, and turned with no issue at all, aside from some mild understeer when i added some throttle.

Next run I tried faster and then to really chuck it into the turn but the back end refused to budge and we just immediately understeered.

Final run I threw her in fast, but tapped the brakes in order to loosen the back, and got a nice little step out but still super controllable. I was super impressed!
Sponsored