Splicing/repairing satellite radio antenna cable

Ulm's 'Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
All black 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium convertible
Bought a used 2016 Mustang & the wires had already broken & someone did a ridiculously horrible job trying to fix them with butt crimp connectors. I went through and soldered & heat shrink insulated them all. The problem I'm having is that the antenna cable for the satellite radio antenna is a coaxial wire about 1/8" thick. I spliced it as best I could, but it will not receive any signal. Had hoped to find a replacement harness, but I'm guessing that you're right in it being a body harness.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
You probably wont be able to splice it. Remember coax pretty much uses RF, and the distance from the core to the shield is critical. It cant be treated as electrical splices. You will likely have to replace that entire run.

OP
OP
Ulm's 'Stang

Ulm's 'Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
All black 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium convertible
You probably wont be able to splice it. Remember coax pretty much uses RF, and the distance from the core to the shield is critical. It cant be treated as electrical splices. You will likely have to replace that entire run.
And that's what I'd like to do, if I could find a way to do it. Can't seem to find the parts & it would seem that this particular wire is part of a body harness.

Erin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erin
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost premium
My satellite antenna wire is broken in the trunk. Do you know what part is needed to fix that. I ordered what ford aid I needed but it's the wrong part. Any help would be appreciated