Spare Tyre Options for Australian GT

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Just got my FG jack and brace from Macarthur Auto Parts at Smeaton Grange. They have 3 more in stock for anyone that is interested and they are charging $65.00 each.

If you're in the Narellan area it's a good price and they also said they will ship them out to you. Their phone number is 02 4646 1288 and they are at 49B Smeaton Grange Rd Smeaton Grange.

Obviously some other wreckers are aware of the new demand for FG jacks and are starting to charge accordingly.
Sponsored

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
Just got my FG jack and brace from Macarthur Auto Parts at Smeaton Grange. They have 3 more in stock for anyone that is interested and they are charging $65.00 each.

If you're in the Narellan area it's a good price and they also said they will ship them out to you. Their phone number is 02 4646 1288 and they are at 49B Smeaton Grange Rd Smeaton Grange.

Obviously some other wreckers are aware of the new demand for FG jacks and are starting to charge accordingly.
I picked mine up for $45 and PO55NY got his for $25 (best price), so don't let them rip you off! A brand new comparable jack is available from Repco (or SCA) for about $40 on special. Admittedly this does not include the styrofoam holder, but I think charging anything more than this for a second hand item is "taking the pis*".

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
On a recent trip to Australia I returned to New Zealand with a Gnome spare wheel from Tempe Tyres, took on the plane as cabin luggage, ha just joking included with luggage.
I have since unpacked got a FG jack kit a tie down strap from Bunnings a breaker bar, 19 and 21mm sockets and have placed the spare wheel on the car to see if it will fit, no problems!!!
Now the spare tyre is in my boot for peace of mind, all I am waiting for is the boot carpet from CJ Pony Parts.
So a very big THANK YOU to John for doing all the ground work to allow us who have the spare wheel to dive around with peace of mind.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, because I'm a nice guy, I have a free offer for you. I finally was able to get a jack from a wrecker and my mate threw in the foam base as well (I had already bought a new one from Ford)

So, I have one foam base I'll let go for free, first in first served so drop me a pm and it's yours. I'm located in Norwest Sydney and I'm happy to meet you in the hills area somewhere.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry guys, this has been taken now

Sponsored

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
It was nice of you to make the offer

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
FG sedan foam jack kit

Thx Trumpeteer , went to macarthur auto parts . Nice guys. They have 2 types of round foam insert kits for the FG sedan . each is round one has long side "legs" the other short. apparently people have been buying the one with long legs so I bought this as well. Unsure how the other will fit as I have not yet got the spare from tempe tyres.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I bought the one pictured above but needed to slice part of the legs off so that it fitted inside the wheel better.

GerardWRW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
I've ordered (Thursday 6th April) and received (7th April) the spare wheel combo for my as yet to arrive Ruby Red. Outstanding service from Tempe.

Plate combo ordered with PPQ, and am reliably informed the 26th June is the day. Already getting the calls for paint protection, upholstery protection blah blah blah... I think not...
Can't wait. I'll pick up the jack and tyre lever stuff in due course.

GerardWRW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Outstanding colour. How is it wearing?

Sponsored

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
I've ordered (Thursday 6th April) and received (7th April) the spare wheel combo for my as yet to arrive Ruby Red. Outstanding service from Tempe.

Plate combo ordered with PPQ, and am reliably informed the 26th June is the day. Already getting the calls for paint protection, upholstery protection blah blah blah... I think not...
Can't wait. I'll pick up the jack and tyre lever stuff in due course.
Hey mate. When you say ppq combo - what is that exactly?

GerardWRW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PPQ = Personalised Plates Queensland

Hey mate. When you say ppq combo - what is that exactly?
PPQ is the site that does the personalised plates in Queensland. My combo is the combination of numbers and letters.

Cheers:D

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Quite a bit more expensive than Tempe I think.