Somewhat interesting article which includes Mustang

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Why do they persist with this 'it's huge' thing. It is the same size as a BMW M4 (and weighs about the same too) but you don't hear people moaning about the size of that

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Why do they persist with this 'it's huge' thing. It is the same size as a BMW M4 (and weighs about the same too) but you don't hear people moaning about the size of that
Because it’s American, and everybody knows everything is bigger and better in America haha

Also, anything looks huge when you put it near an mx5!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
FWIW, I found reviews of the 2015 S550 in the U.K. press, to contain a significant amount of preconception. This became more apparent in the reviews of the MY18 face lift model, imo.
Yes the S550 is similar in size to other cars in the sports coupe/2+2 sector, but generally the U.K. press appeared to have decided the S550 wasn't going to be a "great" car & that it was too large & too heavy, seemingly before they'd really driven it!

I also find, the press' obsession with hot hatches being the bench mark against which all other cars should be ranked, pretty silly.

Hence I don't give too much worth to what the hot hatch, fan boy, fashionista press write about other types of car.

Hot hatches are universally easy to ragg to point of boredom. It requires more skill to fast-road a Mustang & it's more satisfying to do so, with a classically epic sound track to go with it!

Last edited:

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Lol Actually about 8 inches shorter than my Audi A6 but about 4 inches wider lol and most people used to front wheel drive
so big horsepower and rear wheel drive and very agricultural traction and stability control doesn't save them like most modern cars do which leads them to think they are great drivers when its the car keeping them on the road most of the time .
Was none of this when I learnt to drive if you couldn't save your car then nothing would lol ( many years of bikes helped me I must say I think all driver should be forced to ride bikes for a couple of years lol )

Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Completely agree, all these aids just lure people into a false sense of security. Probably a good thing then the stability control on the Mustang is not particularly effective even in normal, so only use Sport + and Track mode - may as well get better throttle response.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Echo that. It should be compulsory for every driver to also take a motorbike test, even if they never ride again!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
These motoring journalists are so prejudiced they have no credibility left

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Echo that. It should be compulsory for every driver to also take a motorbike test, even if they never ride again!

AND a full class 1 HGV test should be mandatory as well, so everyone understands the limitations of an HGV regarding view and braking distances, turning circles etc, so that when going back to driving their cars they give appropriate space and distance and warnings of manouveres etc.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And a cycling profeciany badge so people know how much space to give us on the road!

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
dont go there lol when cyclist pay road tax and have insurance lol lol lol lol lol

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought it may ruffle a few feathers! :) You should be paying us for reducing road congestion!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Reducing road congestion, eh? :wink:

Not when the cause of the 15 car queue travelling at 10mph for 5 miles round here is a cyclist. :)

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
:cwl:same at any lights when they scoot to the front and nobody can pass until they have gone thro all the traffic islands :crackup::crackup::crackup:
Sponsored