Sponsored

Someone at my work dinged my door...

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Yep, haven't even had the car 3 weeks and some motherf@#er dinged my door at work. No car was parked next to me when I left work this afternoon which was odd then I noticed it. I don't know who it was...

Called GEICO and using my uninsured motorist option gonna cost me $200 deductible. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Sponsored

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
Picture doesn't work for me, but if its a small door ding with no paint damage, just get PDR, it will be less than $200, and your premiums wont go up.

Good luck, and park somewhere further away next time.

Reactions: S7N

Joey_H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang, 1982 Mustang GT
That really sucks when people do that. I've had good luck with PDR, like andrew.k mentioned its a good alternative to actual bodywork and paint.

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I took it to a shop it cost $360 to get it fixed. My work wouldn't let me look at the cameras so I could see who did it but it's probably a good thing I don't know who it was.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
yeah i got a door ding in my own f%#$cking drive way... PDR guy came out and got it looking 100% for 45$ and 10 minutes

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I took it to a shop it cost $360 to get it fixed. My work wouldn't let me look at the cameras so I could see who did it but it's probably a good thing I don't know who it was.
pretty shitty a coworker wouldn't sack up and pay for it. I personally wouldn't go through insurance though so it doesn't come up as a red mark on a carfax

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
That sucks. This is why I park a half-mile away from work at the farthest end of the largest parking lot, in a spot distant from any other vehicles. The only people that park that far out with me have nice cars too--there's a corvette, a charger, an SRT challenger, a mini cooper, an S197 mustang, a camaro ss, a 370z, an M3, and some various lexus and infiniti luxury SUVs and sedans. We all park out there are make that longass walk because I think we are all afraid some dingbat is going to smash our car.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
I have a friend that does dent removal. Now that is an art! He is amazing with the tools of his trade. It really sucks when people will hit your car and not have balls enough to admit to it! A couple of years ago I parked next to a brand new MDX in my work vehicle. The wind caught my door and it hit the door of the MDX. I found the owner and repaired the car. At least I sleep well at night, others don't care. Sucks that this happened to you. Amazing that your company wouldn't help on surveillance video. Part of my job is surveillance systems and I will help anyone if I can.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Can you file a police report.... wonder if they will produce the video then.

jimcorbet024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang6g
yep.. that would tick me off! If you find out who did it.. you better do [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]VO48Vr4KIc8[/MEDIA]"]something[/ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Can you file a police report.... wonder if they will produce the video then.
I could but the problem with that is I work for the city and was parked in a city lot so it wouldn't have done any good. They still wouldn't have let me see the cameras. I know just about everyone and where they park but this one has me puzzled.

We all have our own spaces we park in not assigned but you get where I'm going and someone parked in my usual spot no big deal so I parked right across so someone must have got pissed dinged my door and left the spot because it was empty when I got off work which was awkward then I noticed the ding.

The next day I even went looking for orange paint on doors I was so pissed only because they didn't have the courtesy to leave at least a note saying sorry which leaves me to believe it was militias.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4