Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I just read this in another thread;

....My car hooks better with my winter performance tires (in the cold) than (with) the ps4s in the summer.....
This got me thinking.....years ago I had a 2005 GT manual. I lived in SW MI, which got tons of snow, so I had mud & snow tires on it during the winter. My cousin did a little drag race (in my car) against our mutual friend who had a 2010 Camaro SS, one clear, crisp winter's evening. Now, we're talking a 126HP difference between my car and his.

My car won easily. Because tires.

So, with that info, I'd really love to see the following;

Both a GT and an EB, completely stock, dyno'd on two different days; one day it's 95-100+ degrees with massive humidity. The second run in the middle of the winter when the ambient air temp is around 30 or less degrees, with almost no humidity. I want to know what the REAL differences are, not the guesses floated around on the forums. I think the difference is much larger than most think. Like 20% or more.

Then I'd like to see the same Mustang(s) do a 1/4 pass in the middle of summer, during the hot & humid weather, on their stock MPS tires. And then see what the same car does doing a pass when it's 30 or less degrees, using winter performance tires.

Anyone seen any testing like that?
Sponsored