Sponsored

Some pictures of new sexy new exhaust set up....Mak cat delete and Magnaflow resonator feedback

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Installed 3" connect Mak cat delete over the weekend, along with Magnaflow resonators. I already had MBRP street factory connect, so we cut the 2.5 section out making this a true 3" system from the header back.
We used Vband clamps so we can reinstalled the Cats easily for emissions. The pic below is where the H pipe meets the new catless downpipes.

A close up of the Magnaflow resonators. I don't believe they are doing much for volume, but they are killer for rasp. This new system has less rasp even with the cats removed than it had with them.

Picture of the new system, pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself.

Feedback
Taking the stock cats off and looking at the crimps in the pipes that looks closer to 2" you can really see where the performance gains are going to come from. Its amazing that guys are making 700whp with them. The car feels much strong and the rev's build quicker. Very happy with the performance of this mod.

The car sounds awesome, but its too loud. Cruising and idle are fine but acceleration is markedly louder. Cold start and WOT is REALLY loud. Time will tell if I live with this or take steps to tone it down. Although I don't think the resonators did much for volume they did make the tone much more pleasant. These types of resonators are great for someone not looking to quiet the system much but rather smooth out the tone.

I actually had a pair of Magnaflow 12229 mufflers on hand which I expect to sound like the street set up but I didn't pull the trigger because I am doubting that they will quiet down the exhaust enough.

Unless I find a much quieter muffler it might be an ad hoc variable system for me.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd add another pair of resonators in the cat delete pipes.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Installed 3" connect Mak cat delete over the weekend, along with Magnaflow resonators. I already had MBRP street factory connect, so we cut the 2.5 section out making this a true 3" system from the header back.
We used Vband clamps so we can reinstalled the Cats easily for emissions. The pic below is where the H pipe meets the new catless downpipes.

A close up of the Magnaflow resonators. I don't believe they are doing much for volume, but they are killer for rasp. This new system has less rasp even with the cats removed than it had with them.

Picture of the new system, pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself.

Feedback
Taking the stock cats off and looking at the crimps in the pipes that looks closer to 2" you can really see where the performance gains are going to come from. Its amazing that guys are making 700whp with them. The car feels much strong and the rev's build quicker. Very happy with the performance of this mod.

The car sounds awesome, but its too loud. Cruising and idle are fine but acceleration is markedly louder. Cold start and WOT is REALLY loud. Time will tell if I live with this or take steps to tone it down. Although I don't think the resonators did much for volume they did make the tone much more pleasant. These types of resonators are great for someone not looking to quiet the system much but rather smooth out the tone.

I actually had a pair of Magnaflow 12229 mufflers on hand which I expect to sound like the street set up but I didn't pull the trigger because I am doubting that they will quiet down the exhaust enough.

Unless I find a much quieter muffler it might be an ad hoc variable system for me.
Nice welds!

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
@BmacIL thats about my only option. I wish I drove the car before I installed the renovators so I could get a handle on how much they really are doing. Certainly wouldn't hurt to add another pair, just don't know if they'll reduce the db enough.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest I'd go with a quieter muffler. Trouble will be finding one that is 3" and won't drone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Any ideas on what might be quieter than MBRP street? I am sitting on a pair of Magnaflow 12229, which have an angled design and should sound like the street set up. However I am worried that might be a bit deep for me.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You're going to have a difficult time trying to get something to work with the mbrp midpipes. I'd try Borla. You could probably fab some bent tubing just right to get their 3" S type mufflers in. Would sound better, too.

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
That's a hot setup, man. Congrats!
Sponsored