Solo Race catback owners - any regrets

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
I hate my neighbors so i care little about them being annoyed.

I wish i could run long tubes or catless but it's just not going to happen.

really wanting to pull the trigger on the race system.
for my needs, I think long tubes would be just a touch over the line.

Sounds amazing nonetheless.

GO WITH THE RACE. You can always email the guys and get the x-pipe replaced with the quieter version if it really bothers you.
Sponsored

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Stop.

You're trying to spend twice the money for no reason. Buy the street race. If your goal is to wake up your neighbors, the street race will do it.
And their neighbors.
And the inhabitants of the cemetery down the street.
but side exhaust!

....but yeah, it's so expensive for what it is

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Stop.

You're trying to spend twice the money for no reason. Buy the street race. If your goal is to wake up your neighbors, the street race will do it.
And their neighbors.
And the inhabitants of the cemetery down the street.
THIS....

Jokes aside... if you keep it under 2500 RPM's, you can get by most neighborhoods fine.

Now COLD START... That is a different thing.

Dont ever think that you'll be able to leave Sally Rottencrotches house at 3am without waking her cop father. Not going to happen.

Cold start this sounds like you poked a stock car with a stick and woke it up angry! THAT KIND OF LOUD!

Its "attract every asshole in a vette, mopar, camaro, that wants to prove something" loud. Its Fun!

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
I really like the volume of the street race but it doesn't have the rasp of the Corsa Extreme which puts me off a bit as I really like high pitched and raspy vs throaty and low. It sounds more like an H pipe setup than an X pipe to me even though it has an x pipe. Not willing to add headers any time soon as I know it's already wake the dead loud. Hmm.

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
THIS....

Jokes aside... if you keep it under 2500 RPM's, you can get by most neighborhoods fine.

Now COLD START... That is a different thing.

Dont ever think that you'll be able to leave Sally Rottencrotches house at 3am without waking her cop father. Not going to happen.

Cold start this sounds like you poked a stock car with a stick and woke it up angry! THAT KIND OF LOUD!

Its "attract every asshole in a vette, mopar, camaro, that wants to prove something" loud. Its Fun!
so here's a question.

the axle back solo and race solo have the same no muffler design. the difference is the midpipes. one resonator and one without.

is the stock resonator really quieting down the exhaust that much? it's a straight through design.

i ask because when i ran the flowmaster axle back with the stock resonator and now the mbrp race - based on volume alone, they are almost the same.

just thoughts rolling in my head.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
so here's a question.

the axle back solo and race solo have the same no muffler design. the difference is the midpipes. one resonator and one without.

is the stock resonator really quieting down the exhaust that much? it's a straight through design.

i ask because when i ran the flowmaster axle back with the stock resonator and now the mbrp race - based on volume alone, they are almost the same.

just thoughts rolling in my head.
Good questions... as I had the same ones. I decided to get the x-pipe for the very specific sounds, and the fact that the whole system is modular. Can call the guys up and get the different mid sections that will bolt right up. I didnt want to be cutting stock exhaust and dealing with welding crap to make it work.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
I really like the volume of the street race but it doesn't have the rasp of the Corsa Extreme which puts me off a bit as I really like high pitched and raspy vs throaty and low. It sounds more like an H pipe setup than an X pipe to me even though it has an x pipe. Not willing to add headers any time soon as I know it's already wake the dead loud. Hmm.
Above 5K and closer to redline... it DOES have a rasp. A mean as hell one to boot!

I know that my vids dont capture it, as I didnt have the space to let her stretch her legs out.

Strangely I havent seen a single video that captures that rasp in a way that shows how mean it sounds. Its there! May be due to camera phones not being able to capture that noise level. I dont know.

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Above 5K and closer to redline... it DOES have a rasp. A mean as hell one to boot!

I know that my vids dont capture it, as I didnt have the space to let her stretch her legs out.

Strangely I havent seen a single video that captures that rasp in a way that shows how mean it sounds. Its there! May be due to camera phones not being able to capture that noise level. I dont know.
Thanks for the reponse!I'm thinking it is just the video that doesn't capture it well. I'd like the rasp to occur without having to blast above 5k for it. Maybe it will be a good fit I think it will grow on me.

I met a local member not too long ago who had the street race but switched to the thunder. The thunder sounded very good in person and Solo has a local install shop here that I can swap resonators at if I'd like so I am leaning towards the Street Race still. Can't justify the pricing for the Corsa Extreme here in Canada it's almost literally double the Solo system.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
How does the Solo catbacks compare to the MBRP Race catbacks in outside loudness and cabin drone/loudness?

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
How does the Solo catbacks compare to the MBRP Race catbacks in outside loudness and cabin drone/loudness?
well i just installed the race catback.

compared to the mbrp race, it is louder. but not as deep.

the drone is gone at 2000rpms, but i have a resonance at 1500 that i don't like. higher pitched than the normal drone from the mbrp.

i'll give it the 1000 mile break in and see if solo can help if it is still there.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
well i just installed the race catback.

compared to the mbrp race, it is louder. but not as deep.

the drone is gone at 2000rpms, but i have a resonance at 1500 that i don't like. higher pitched than the normal drone from the mbrp.

i'll give it the 1000 mile break in and see if solo can help if it is still there.
Ok I kinda figured it would. I'm not taking chances this time around. I'll stick with the Thunder.

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the Street race catback which like others have said is a straight through xpipe exhaust with J-pipes to reduce most of the drone.

I have no regrets. I get compliments from multiple random people everyday.
Ive been using solo exhaust for 4 or so years now on multiple cars. Its loud to the outside but clean sounding, honestly at idle and cruising 30-45mph inside the cabin its not loud at all. easily can have a conversation or listen to music.
The build quality is good as well. i just checked the tightness of the bolts couple weeks ago on mine after about 4-5 months of the exhaust and everything will still very snug.

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
I just ordered the Street Race, we'll see how it sounds when it gets here!
Sponsored