Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I installed this past weekend. 0 fitment issues. Tone - best I have heard. Volume of the Mach XV was a little louder than I expected. Will be doing a full review soon, as I will put some highway time on it this week. Going to look for the sweet and sour spots and offer honest "opinion" based on my expectations and perceptions.

Stood outside the car and had the kid rev it to 4k. Flipping loud, but damn did it sound good :headbang:
The Mach XV is the quietest isn't it?
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
The Mach XV is the quietest isn't it?
Yes it is the quietest of the 3. "Loud" is based on my opinion and perceptions and what i am after. The girl thinks it is extremely loud, but then again, she thought the stock was kinda loud lol

Funny how the car sits stock quiet at idle after warming up, and good throttle control can manage the volume... however, I have 373's manual, therefore always on throttle. so i drive 2,4,5 to control ..... Full customer review coming later this week.

Sound A+++ - deep and heavy with a true badass car sound

Volume - Based on my plans to add headers could require tweaking. Not sure yet.

Drone - will be testing this week, if there is any, i will find it :)

For the cost - One Nasty sounding stang

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Mach XV is the quietest indeed, it is quieter the i. e. Borla Sport (that is pretty much the only one I could compare the Solo with), but it is still a performance exhaust. It is louder than the stock setup. I would compare it to Borla Touring loudness wise (different tone)

Last edited:

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Mach XV is the quietest indeed, it is quieter the i. e. Borla Sport (that is pretty much the only one I could compare the Solo's with), but it is still a performance exhaust. It is louder than the stock setup. I would compare it to Borla Touring loudness wise (different tone)
If it's Borla Touring volume i'd be interested...:)

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I installed this past weekend. 0 fitment issues. Tone - best I have heard. Volume of the Mach XV was a little louder than I expected. Will be doing a full review soon, as I will put some highway time on it this week. Going to look for the sweet and sour spots and offer honest "opinion" based on my expectations and perceptions.

Stood outside the car and had the kid rev it to 4k. Flipping loud, but damn did it sound good :headbang:
Thanks for the semi review jabrax. My major concern before ordering was the XV would not be loud enough. Very happy I chose the XV after reading that.

Should be here wednesday and will install soon after. The tone sold me from the video. I also liked that it seems to maintain tone through the entire RPM range and doesn't turn tiny/super raspy at upper rpm/wot.

So pumped

Sponsored

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for all of the support and feedback everyone!! Glad to hear everyone is happy! We hope you all fall in love with your car all over again!

Steve

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Well the rest of my XV arrived today. It's beautiful. I'm a little old school and miss all the real metal chrome we used to get with cars (unlike all the plastic junk). So I went with the ss mirror polished tips. I am very pleased with the look. I plan to push them out as far as they will go. I want them to gleam in the sun!

Now to find time to put all my toys together. :headbang:

MagneticGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic
I have had the MachXV installed for about 2 weeks now. I am loving it!. I love it so much that I ordered the kit for my Challenger R/T. Solo Performance is an awesome company with great products. Just waiting on that tracking number. lol.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I'd like to hear more videos, different cars different cameras etc give different sounds...Seems the people that have bought are very happy though.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
When I get mine installed I plan on doing a comparison video with stock vs Mach XV. Will be a while though don't have a car yet.

Sponsored

Strytnyne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
the mach xv paired with kooks catless is an amazing duo- under 3k rpm subtle and unassuming but you know its there. wot after 3k hell raising beast! no drone whatsoever.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Well the rest of my XV arrived today. It's beautiful. I'm a little old school and miss all the real metal chrome we used to get with cars (unlike all the plastic junk). So I went with the ss mirror polished tips.
Very good choice! Black tips are retarded :D

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
the mach xv paired with kooks catless is an amazing duo- under 3k rpm subtle and unassuming but you know its there. wot after 3k hell raising beast! no drone whatsoever.
Do you have any videos?