Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Did you notice any vehicle performance difference (dyno or "feel") with this exhaust system? Or are sound and weight the true benefits?

Thanks for all the details on this exhaust!
Sorry, I have never checked/tested that and I'm not very good in "feeling" such thing. It is my DD car and I just wanted to enjoy the exhaust note...

Technically one should expect some performance increase due to the 3" pipes all the way and the muffler delete, but only Solo could confirm that.
Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Is there a link to all the Solo offerings for the S550? I went to their site, but can't seem to find it.

I'm running a Solo 4" catback on my F150 for the last couple years, and it sounds great. Little loud, but I can say it doesn't drone.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a link to all the Solo offerings for the S550? I went to their site, but can't seem to find it.

I'm running a Solo 4" catback on my F150 for the last couple years, and it sounds great. Little loud, but I can say it doesn't drone.
I was surprised about it too, but apparently their webpage is not updated yet. Anyway, you can PM Steve from Solo here (user "goingsolo2") or ask about it in this topic: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33827

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
It must be new product because I called a local Solo dealer here and they weren't even aware of Solo exhausts for the 2015 Mustang. They are getting info and pricing and calling me back today. Solo seemed to be closed for the Holiday yesterday. I'll pass along any info I get. I will be ordering their quietest version today, whatever the thing is called.

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Oxford White
I got mine in yesterday, going to try and have it installed today. Will be replacing my MBRP Race, but keeping the H Pipe. Hopefully it will bolt right up to it. Got the black powder coated tips.

Sponsored

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it installed. Drone is officially gone and the exhaust is all in the rear of the vehicle. It's loud wot but is a lot deeper then the race series. It sounds like a mustang finally! They did have to add a small piece of pipe 3-4 inch to connect it to the Mbrp race H pipe. But other then that it bolted right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Got it installed. Drone is officially gone and the exhaust is all in the rear of the vehicle. It's loud wot but is a lot deeper then the race series. It sounds like a mustang finally! They did have to add a small piece of pipe 3-4 inch to connect it to the Mbrp race H pipe. But other then that it bolted right up.

So now you have no mufflers in the exhaust since you didn't use their X muffler or am I missing something?

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's no mufflers at all. Just an h pipe and straight pipe all the way back.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
:eyebulge: Madman

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not as extreme as you may think, but I have been waiting since August to have my car sound like this!

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
They make a good product for that since you have the J Pipes for drone. If the MBRP Race came with J-Pipes I probably would have kept it.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So basically that's the Street Race setup, but with an H-pipe instead of the X-pipe. I would really like to hear it (I have asked Solo about H pipe, but they currently have X-pipes only). Could you post any video?

Last edited:
OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It must be new product because I called a local Solo dealer here and they weren't even aware of Solo exhausts for the 2015 Mustang. They are getting info and pricing and calling me back today. Solo seemed to be closed for the Holiday yesterday. I'll pass along any info I get. I will be ordering their quietest version today, whatever the thing is called.
Yes indeed these are new products...

Last edited:

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So basically that's the Street Race setup, but with an H-pipe instead of the X-pipe. I would really like to hear it (I have asked Solo about H pipe, but they currently have X-pipes only). Could you post any video?

I'll take some this evening and with share em. From having my MBRP Race and the drone for several months, I can say this is a night and day difference.

Very Aggressive tone, nice and deep.
Acoustically the sound is all in the rear of the vehicle and remains outside. This was big for me, as I dreaded hitting 1800 RPM before.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'll take some this evening and with share em. From having my MBRP Race and the drone for several months, I can say this is a night and day difference.

Very Aggressive tone, nice and deep.
Acoustically the sound is all in the rear of the vehicle and remains outside. This was big for me, as I dreaded hitting 1800 RPM before.
That would be fantastic. I'm really interested in this setup - I want more sound, but not raspy, deep in tone and my *major* concern is highway drone.
Sponsored