Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
She could file it against my girlfriend, as she owns the property. Either way, it's irrelevant now, I found a workable solution. My girlfriend is far more important to me than the exhaust on my car, and if it did cause a problem, I have no issue fixing the problem.
Sponsored

Helipilot11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone who which catback system the axle backs relate too in volume? If I were to buy the axle backs now, would I need any other pieces if I decided to add a mid pipe (Thunder of Mach XV) later on?

rabdakk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just ordered the Mach Thunder for my 2017. Have only had the car a week and already need something louder than stock.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Attempted to install today, we couldn't even free the stock resonator with wrenches or anything. They wouldn't budge. Car is only two weeks old.

Apparently someone put them on there, very, very, very tightly at Ford. :(

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
Do you have a rubber mallet? Hold the socket and wrench up with one hand and hit the handle with the mallet. Should take maybe two hits to get it to loosen up. After that make sure you use a flat head to bend the clip back on the clamp.

Sponsored

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Do you have a rubber mallet? Hold the socket and wrench up with one hand and hit the handle with the mallet. Should take maybe two hits to get it to loosen up. After that make sure you use a flat head to bend the clip back on the clamp.
Was doing it on ramps. Barely enough room to get a wrench in there or a driver, let alone hammer room.

Probably will just end up paying someone to install, which sucks because it seems trivial.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Was doing it on ramps. Barely enough room to get a wrench in there or a driver, let alone hammer room.

Probably will just end up paying someone to install, which sucks because it seems trivial.
Do you have a breaker bar or loooong torque wrench (works like a breaker bar). Great purchase for me and have used plenty since

Much better leverage

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Do you have a breaker bar or loooong torque wrench (works like a breaker bar). Great purchase for me and have used plenty since
Nope :[

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
While it wouldn't bother me, because I'm a car guy and love the sound of a good exhaust on a car or truck, I can certainly see why it would bother an older retired lady to have to listen to that every morning around 6:30ish. I'm more than happy to find a workaround, which I did. The initial start of the car is quite loud, and her bedroom is right next to my girlfriends garage, so, I get it.
Old people get up early. My old neighbor would get up 6AM on a Saturday and use his leaf blower to clear snow off his drive way.
And that's 10 minutes of noise not 10 seconds.
Your neighbor is just an old cranky bitch.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Get a large box end wrench big enough to slip over the end of your ratchet, and use it for an extension on the handle. Adds torque and will make it easier to break the nut loose if you don't have a larger ratchet.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Does anyone who which catback system the axle backs relate too in volume? If I were to buy the axle backs now, would I need any other pieces if I decided to add a mid pipe (Thunder of Mach XV) later on?
The axle back is just a little bit louder than the Mach XV, I would say they are in the same category loudness-wise. About converting it to catback, the only issue I can see is that the axleback is coupled to the 2.5" factory resonator, so some cutting might be required to fit it to the 3" Mach mufflers... I'm not 100% sure if that is possible, Steve could clarify it if you give him a call...

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
Attempted to install today, we couldn't even free the stock resonator with wrenches or anything. They wouldn't budge. Car is only two weeks old.

Apparently someone put them on there, very, very, very tightly at Ford. :(
If memory serves me right, there are tabs you push up on too...someone can correct me if Im wrong, which Ive been known to be from time to time.

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
Don't know if anyone had this problem with the Mach Thunder but has anyone had any rattling issues with their Mach Thunder? I checked all the bolts and everythings tightened. Rattling usually occurs at about 60mph. I thought it was my plate frame at first but that wasn't it when I took it off.
Sponsored