The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested to know what the dealer's take is on this. Would you get bumped to the back of the queue again? I know [MENTION=26610]Badhand[/MENTION] is wanting an '18MY, so the key is knowing when to order to guarantee one.

I suspect, at the moment, most dealers wouldn't even know there's a new one coming, but even they won't be able to deny it once the car is shown later this year!

:)
Order December you'll deffo nail one :lol:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Stopping me what? Are you always this argumentative?
Yes. No. Are you?

Your post implied you still hadn't ordered but now it seems you have?

#confused

ETA missed your post saying you HAVE ordered! :D

For what it's worth, I can't see your dealer "transferring" your deposit to an MY18 without bumping you back down the queue. They tried to do that with me because I wanted to change the colour!

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The current car is a '17MY

This '18MY facelift will be seen (probably) in just a few weeks. If anyone's about to shell out nigh on ÂŁ40k on a new car, surely they'd want to know a new one's coming? :)
You would think so. I went into People's Edinburgh to organise a test drive and told them I wasn't a tyre kicker but would be waiting to see what the facelift looked like on the MY18. The young salesman looked at me like wtf before calling over some other guy who preceeded to tell me that the Mustang had been around for 55 years, it won't change for the next 5 years and we won't be getting any of the updated stuff anyway.

Last time I trust info on this forum.:frusty:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My badge says a different number than 55 years :lol:

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Fastback Pro Touring 'Hellraiser'
I'd be interested to know what the dealer's take is on this. Would you get bumped to the back of the queue again? I know [MENTION=26610]Badhand[/MENTION] is wanting an '18MY, so the key is knowing when to order to guarantee one.

I suspect, at the moment, most dealers wouldn't even know there's a new one coming, but even they won't be able to deny it once the car is shown later this year!

:)

Might mosey on down the dealers next month and make some enquiries. Still not sure I want one at all, but if the facelift works out nice and the 10 speed bangs like that vid Gibbo posted, I'll be tempted.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you placed an order today you will almost certainly get a my17 build.
Therefore I would imagine you want to wait till at least march before placing your order.
I.e you don't want to be bumped back to the start of the queue. You need to be placed on hold then bumped back to the start next spring.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If you placed an order today you will almost certainly get a my17 build.
Therefore I would imagine you want to wait till at least march before placing your order.
I.e you don't want to be bumped back to the start of the queue. You need to be placed on hold then bumped back to the start next spring.
Ordering now would be a MY17.

Ordering between Dec-Feb would be my shot; however earlier you go the more risk you run at being a MY17, not a MY18, equally, you also hedge that vs being one of the first MY18s.

THIS IS ALL ASSUMING MY18 EVEN COMES TO THE UK

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You would think so. I went into People's Edinburgh to organise a test drive and told them I wasn't a tyre kicker but would be waiting to see what the facelift looked like on the MY18. The young salesman looked at me like wtf before calling over some other guy who preceeded to tell me that the Mustang had been around for 55 years, it won't change for the next 5 years and we won't be getting any of the updated stuff anyway.

Last time I trust info on this forum.:frusty:

Why does his lack of knowledge not surprise me. It's makes me sad/angry/frustrated.....but not surprised :tsk:

OK Ford, here's a radical idea. Why not have one or two "Mustang Centres of Excellence" where all orders are centralised and handled by enthusiasts that KNOW WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING!!! Sure, have a few demo cars located throughout the dealer network so people can try before they buy, but then said customer can then liaise with the MCoE for spec queries/ordering/delivery updates....and then each car will be prepped (professionally) before being delivered to the customer from the MCoE.

I'm happy to head up the one in the South of the country :D

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
THIS IS ALL ASSUMING MY18 EVEN COMES TO THE UK
There is no way they will buld RHD MY17's and US spec '18s at the same time, as there may well be tooling differences. it all depends on what changes come in; when MY17 introduced Sync3 for all the US models, we got it at the same time. (Sync 3 was a US option on some MY 16's)

No one will know anything until Ford start showing the MY18's which may well be at the upconming shows. They may also say when the MY18's will start to be built; that is usually in June/July/August, but they could do it earlier if they really want to, especially as the new Camaro has overtaken Mustang sales in the US, but that might be due to a combination of "clear out" prices on the old Camaro's and the new model available.

I am not convinced they will bring the new 10 speed auto to export models at first though, just based on the spare parts situation... I guess we'll see in a few months.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep....certainly the front and rear fascias are stamped at the plant, so unless they decide to stockpile the current EU fascias (unlikely) we should get the facelifted car a few months after the US (we'll just have to await the first RHD build slot).

The availability of the 10-speed auto is a concern though. Clearly they're ramping up slowly (it's only available on one F150 engine at the 'mo) but it'd be a shame to have the new look body one year, then have to wait for the new gearbox until the following year. I'd have hoped that 9 months gives them enough time to get their ass in gear though (see what I did there? :p )
Sponsored