So I’m having an issue.

RazorHead19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Mustang V6
I recently installed a Dual 7” radio and a Scosche Touchscreen Center Dash kit in my 2010 V6. Both are severely overheating, but my wiring is correct. However half of the touchscreen doesn’t work. I have no ac. The radio works great. Can anybody help me with ideas?

Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you contacted the manufacturer? It is either defective or wired incorrectly. What else could it be?

OP
OP
RazorHead19

RazorHead19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Mustang V6
I had it wired correctly, but I did have to splice my wires for some reason, the wiring harness that I received with the dash kit the power wires were split in half, so I had to re-splice them together, straight to the radio so powers both I have noticed that I don’t have a firewall between the engine bay and the inside of the dash I am not the original owner of this car so that is very concerning for those to be getting that hot. I don’t think it’s defective but then again the Dash Kit had mixed reviews so I’m gonna try and get in contact with the manufacturer today to see what they might think.

OP
OP
RazorHead19

RazorHead19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Mustang V6
Have you contacted the manufacturer? It is either defective or wired incorrectly. What else could it be?
This is the wiring and the touchscreen issue I’m having.

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Someone may be able to help but this is the wrong mustang forum. This is for 2015+ cars. You may have better luck on an S197 forum that is dedicated to your year car.

OP
OP
RazorHead19

RazorHead19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Mustang V6
Oh really? Well I did just sign up and everything. Thank you for the heads up; any way the new touchscreen unit melted in my car because it wouldn’t shut off. So it’s going back.
Sponsored