Sponsored

So how long does shipping really take by truck?

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
So my car shipped out from Flatrock on the 12th, and it has been nearly two weeks now and still my dealer in NYC doesn't have anything. They were expecting today (cotus says the 16th of March--makes no sense), but still haven't received shipment. How long on average should this trip take?
Sponsored

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
just as a comparison mine shipped 2/17 to VA and its ETD is 3/4/2015.

OP
OP

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
By your time frame I should be getting delivery any day. The wait is killing me!

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am in central pa. Built on 1/26 delivered to the dealer on 1/29 if that helps.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So my car shipped out from Flatrock on the 12th, and it has been nearly two weeks now and still my dealer in NYC doesn't have anything. They were expecting today (cotus says the 16th of March--makes no sense), but still haven't received shipment. How long on average should this trip take?
You car is coming by rail until it reaches your railyard destination. Then by truck to your dealer.

Once my car reached the railyard, it was at my dealer in 24hrs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
You car is coming by rail until it reaches your railyard destination. Then by truck to your dealer.

Once my car reached the railyard, it was at my dealer in 24hrs.
But my window sticker said that method of transportation was Convoy. I am about 6-700 miles from the Flat Rock plant in Michigan. Do you really think they would go through the hassle of using a train for such a distance?

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
But my window sticker said that method of transportation was Convoy. I am about 6-700 miles from the Flat Rock plant in Michigan. Do you really think they would go through the hassle of using a train for such a distance?
I'm pretty sure cars are rail shipped to Buffalo and then truck to dealer from there. I'm in Roch/Syracuse area and thats how that works.. There is a constant run of carriers on 90 east.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Mine said convoy as well and was shipping to PA. Your car is coming by rail.
Sponsored