Sponsored

SLP Loudmouth 2 Axle Back

Lakerspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550
Anyone fitted an SLP Loudmouth 2 axle back but kept everything else stock ?

Aim for me is a deeper authentic V8 rumble but not too loud or raspy and definitely no drone as car is used everyday.

Be interested to hear from anyone who has this set up.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I did that on my last Mustang, a 2016 GT Premium. There was consensus that pre-2018 cars were too quiet. Like many others I tried different exhaust setups. I tried an X-pipe but could not live with the drone, so I put in a Borla resonator.

SLP LM2 is the same as Roush axleback, but with packing inside. This tames the sound. It is quieter than Roush and not raspy.

So my final configuration was basically stock OEM exhaust but with SLP LM2 axlebacks. The sound was a little louder, but a better V8 sound.

Mustangs don't sound that great or loud with the windows up. They sound better to someone standing on the sidewalk. If you want to hear you car better, just fold down one or both rear seats. Simple and easy.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Yes, and yes.

My 2019 has active exhaust, but I drive around in Normal mode. I like the Coyote sound but I'm not all that into exhaust. Of course it goes into Track sound when I go on track.

If you don't want obnoxious loud, and don't want to overspend, then I recommend the LM2 axleback.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
That’s my set up, everything else oem, really like it, no drone, a bit louder than stock.
IMG_1329.jpeg
louder than stock, no drone really like it
Sponsored