Sponsored

Slight pavement scrape-is M1 ride height lower than GT?

Jdion1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Intrigued by my own photos, yes, the belly pan is lower still than the front splitter lip, by 1 inch / 25 mm.

Previously, I'd practiced using my ramps and took some measurements.

The ramps have an angle of approach of about 6.5'. The Ford manual says to stay under 7'.

At approach, I have 1.5" / 38 mm clearance to the lip. But on other photos, you'll see the shape of the belly pan and how it is lower than the plane of the splitter.

I did a visual confirmation on the pan this AM; it is lower than the splitter lip, by the amount above.

When I first picked up my car, I zeroed in on the splitter and thought, "S@#$. There's no way." But I have not had any significant issues.

When entering and exiting the drive, I do so at at angle, and creep across. Otherwise, things have been OK. I'm using A/S tires, which are a tick taller than factory. I have lightly scraped the outside lip, twice, but nothing serious. Belly pan remains scrape-free.

20221025_080026.jpg

20221025_080211.jpg

20221025_080332.jpg
I’ve been looking for all season tires for my 2022 Mach 1 hp with stock wheels that are wider in the rear. What size tires are you using on front and rear?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I’ve been looking for all season tires for my 2022 Mach 1 hp with stock wheels that are wider in the rear. What size tires are you using on front and rear?
I'm currently using an aftermarket rim in a square setup: 19x10, +35. No spacers or changes to suspension.

The tire I'm using is a Michelin, A/S 4, 285/35/19.

The Michelin web site, A/S 4, in a 19" rim, shows a 255, 265, 275, 285 and then sizing jumps to a 325.

Using Michelin AS 4s year-round. 90% of my driving is street/spirited driving. They work great. No noise. Smooth. No problems with traction during the heat of Summer or cold of Fall/Winter. Tires get positive reviews.

While I am giving up some warm weather performance, I don't have to be concerned about traction when cold or damp out. It's not uncommon for Fall mornings here to be below 0C as the Sun is coming up, with light frost, followed by temps 12C later in the afternoon.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-all-season-4

Several have left positive reviews on Continental tires; might be worthwhile to study those.

tire michelin a:s 4 002.jpg

Jdion1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What about size for the back tires? Will the tire sizes on front and rear rub? My car is completely stock and has some type of black fender trim on front and rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jdion1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What about size for the back tires? Will the tire sizes on front and rear rub? My car is completely stock and has some type of black fender trim on front and rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Sponsored