Sponsored

Skool the Old Guy Please !

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OK, so the car I'm leaving has a single CD & a 9.3G Musicbox system and has been great for me. Just plug in my CD's and it recorded each with all the album/track info.

I understand with the 'stang system I can either go back to the old days of carrying around my CD's :rant: or use a USB stick. That's all fine & dandy, but how do I get the CD's loaded into my PC and then to the stick? :shrug:

I'm getting a '16 GT Prem with the base audio + Nav.
Sponsored

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I moved files from itunes on to a USB. Originally I moved a bunch of music from CDs to iTunes. It will also provide you with a backup in case you lose a CD or it gets damaged.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
OK, ..That's all fine & dandy, but how do I get the CD's loaded into my PC and then to the stick? :shrug:

I'm getting a '16 GT Prem with the base audio + Nav.
I am still on version 10.3, and I don't have a CD handy, so these may not be exact directions for the newer versions of iTunes, but you should get the jist.

-> Install iTunes.
-> Create a user account and login so you can get CD data.
-> Insert disk.
-> Go into preferences select out output file to be .mp3 and I suggest quality @ 192kbs or higher.
-> Rip your disks.

Your flash drive will need to be formatted in FAT32 First
How to check/format your drive.

Once you have your library ripped onto your computer now you need to move it to your USB Drive. Many ways to do this but this is how I did mine. I created playlists with the songs I wanted on the flash drive. I created a folder on my desktop to copy the mp3's to. Highlight all the songs in the player list, drag and drop them into the folder. If you have a lot of songs there might some lag when you start to drag so just wait for the number of songs to appear on your cursor before you drop them into the folder. The flash drive will need to be formatted in FAT32 first. Copy the folder over to your USB drive. Go plug your drive into your car and see if you can play them.

Let me know if you have questions from there. That's a start at least. You can also export your playlists to the drive, but that takes some more work to get them to working. I would just start with getting the songs from your CD's to your USB drive.

OP
OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds easy enough, just wasn't sure if I could copy a CD without running into some built in anti-copy thingy. Sure don't want to have to pay for them again just to have digital copies of stuff I already spent $$ on ;)

I'll fiddle around with a handful of my favs & go from there.

Thanks for the help guys !

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
You may run into that. I honestly haven't purchased any music via CD in close to 10 years. The last CD DRM that I remember was on Foo Fighters In Your Honor, so yeah about 10 years ago:) Doubt it's much of an issue anymore, but I don't know.
Sponsored