Sirius/XM presets info

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
So I have SYNC 3 and XM. I just started using the XM (usually use a flash drive) and have set all the presets. There are three banks (what Ford calls them in the owners manual) of presets. Say I am in bank 1 and using the steering wheel buttons to go from preset to preset. It seems that I can only use the steering wheel buttons to stay inside that one bank of presets. Is there a way to scan all of my presets from the steering wheel controls? As in going from bank 1 preset 1 through 6 and then going to preset 7 which is in bank 2? Yes I can always just reach over and hit the button on the screen but if there is a way to do so would rather just use the steering wheel buttons. Thanks

Don
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
On my 2017, pushing the center button on the right side changes banks - can't remember the label now, maybe "OK". You can't stay just on satellite though because it will move to the next bank, for example if you are on bank 2 of satellite it will go to bank 3, and the next push will go to FM etc.

VBWRRVBWRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I tried the OK button to do this on my 2019 (SYNC 3.3) and it doesn't do it. Man, I was really hoping this was the solution.

OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
Yeah I tried it too and nothing

Don

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
So if you have access to the xm app (included in most plans now) and use Android Auto you can just ask Google to change to any channel you want. Example; "Hey Google, play Classic Vinyl on Sirus XM".

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
That's odd - and I looked at my car today and it is the "M" button on the right hand side of my steering wheel. it advances the radio through Sirius 1 -2 - 3, AM FM CD and bluetooth

VBWRRVBWRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
So if you have access to the xm app (included in most plans now) and use Android Auto you can just ask Google to change to any channel you want. Example; "Hey Google, play Classic Vinyl on Sirus XM".
I've used the voice option on SYNC to do this. If I tell it channel one (that's in bank one) it will play it, then if I press previous or next on the steering wheel, it goes back to whatever preset bank I was in before changing via voice control to channel one and that's a pain.

VBWRRVBWRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
That's odd - and I looked at my car today and it is the "M" button on the right hand side of my steering wheel. it advances the radio through Sirius 1 -2 - 3, AM FM CD and bluetooth
No "M" on MY19.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No "M" on MY19.
Please don't post information that is incorrect. The 'M' button is on MY19 but only found on lesser models than the premium. Premium has the Pony and Music note button cluster.
All other trim models have the Voice and 'M" button cluster.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Please don't post information that is incorrect. The 'M' button is on MY19 but only found on lesser models than the premium. Premium has the Pony and Music note button cluster.
All other trim models have the Voice and 'M" button cluster.
StangTime, you would also be incorrect in that statement.
My 2019 Eco Premium w/Nav (non-PP) does not have a Pony button, only the "M" and sync command buttons (photo below)

Please keep in mind there are dozens of variations of buttons based on model/trim and options that were ordered for any particular car.
20191210_102237.jpg

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
StangTime, you would also be incorrect in that statement.
My 2019 Eco Premium w/Nav (non-PP) does not have a Pony button, only the "M" and sync command buttons (photo below)

Please keep in mind there are dozens of variations of buttons based on model/trim and options that were ordered for any particular car.
20191210_102237.jpg
Right... I stand partially corrected :wink:. Looks like the analog gauge premiums do not have the Pony button combo. Dammit I just wish Ford would make them all the same. :headbang:

If you try to read the owners manual, you will be left scratching your head wondering what your car can and can't do.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Do yourself a favor and download the SiriusXM app and use it instead of the car’s xm receiver. The streaming quality on the SiriusXM app is far far far better than the quality when using the cars xm receiver. And if you plug your phone into usb, you can use CarPlay to change channels on the touchscreen and still get the high quality streaming. I was shocked how much better it sounds.
Sponsored