Sponsored

Since PMs, emails and calls get me nowhere...FordService (Rant)

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I see so many posts and articles (from other sources) of issues being resolved when someone's voice is "loud enough." Yet my experience continues to be utter garbage.

I had $750 off that expired in December that came with a brochure for the car. I've been told I am shit-outta-luck for that by my salesperson, general manager, as well as multiple representatives from Ford customer service.

Now, because it is the new year I missed out on the EAA $750 rebate.

I may qualify for $500 for some current incentive and up to $500 for a military rebate. I've become less and less concerned about the final amount I will get off, its more annoying that nobody says anything remotely helpful; the whole "oops, were sorry" attitude is garbagewhen it stems from someone's incompetence. This isn't just aimed at you; I know someone somewhere can help.

My car was ordered July 23rd, built Oct 27th. I am on my 6th EDD; 1st was Nov 15, 2nd was Dec 31, 3rd was Jan 9th, 4th was Jan 12th, 5th was Jan 17, 6th is now Jan 20.

I know the EDD is just an estimate, but its just insane. I saw someone on here order a car on Dec 3rd and receive the car in ONE MONTH. I haven't ever been brand specific but I'm ruling Ford out for the next few vehicle purchases...such incompetence shouldn't trickle down to affect a customer so much but whatever - I'm just a drop in the bucket.

I know someone, somewhere can help make this situation better so I guess I'll try talking some trash on an open forums, seems to work for others. God forbid my car shows up in a week and a half with discrepancies.

It will be somewhat satisfying to fill out the survey on how utterly terrible this experience has been but that still won't solve anything.

/bitching
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My car was ordered July 23rd, built Oct 27th.
If I were you, I'd be most pissed that you say it's BUILT, over 2 months ago. Shipping doesn't take 2 months, and QC holds shouldn't take a month to fix.

WTF

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
If I were you, I'd be most pissed that you say it's BUILT, over 2 months ago. Shipping doesn't take 2 months, and QC holds shouldn't take a month to fix.

WTF
There's a gap from Oct 27 to Nov 30 with NO information. No quality control holds or anything. It was released from the factory on Nov 30 and didn't ship until Dec 23...another gap with no information.

Every time I called between Nov 15th and Dec 23rd all I got was "we don't know what the issue is, you should have already received your car/it should've already shipped."

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I had a somewhat similar experience...car mysteriously delayed a month after being built. I "complained" to anyone who would listen, mostly here, Ford service(nice, but basically worthless), transport companies, and my dealer. In the end my dealer (with me pushing, kicking and screaming at them) was the best source for getting my car. Good luck

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Was it a stock or retail order?

Sponsored

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Retail

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I see so many posts and articles (from other sources) of issues being resolved when someone's voice is "loud enough." Yet my experience continues to be utter garbage.

I had $750 off that expired in December that came with a brochure for the car. I've been told I am shit-outta-luck for that by my salesperson, general manager, as well as multiple representatives from Ford customer service.

Now, because it is the new year I missed out on the EAA $750 rebate.

I may qualify for $500 for some current incentive and up to $500 for a military rebate. I've become less and less concerned about the final amount I will get off, its more annoying that nobody says anything remotely helpful; the whole "oops, were sorry" attitude is garbagewhen it stems from someone's incompetence. This isn't just aimed at you; I know someone somewhere can help.

My car was ordered July 23rd, built Oct 27th. I am on my 6th EDD; 1st was Nov 15, 2nd was Dec 31, 3rd was Jan 9th, 4th was Jan 12th, 5th was Jan 17, 6th is now Jan 20.

I know the EDD is just an estimate, but its just insane. I saw someone on here order a car on Dec 3rd and receive the car in ONE MONTH. I haven't ever been brand specific but I'm ruling Ford out for the next few vehicle purchases...such incompetence shouldn't trickle down to affect a customer so much but whatever - I'm just a drop in the bucket.

I know someone, somewhere can help make this situation better so I guess I'll try talking some trash on an open forums, seems to work for others. God forbid my car shows up in a week and a half with discrepancies.

It will be somewhat satisfying to fill out the survey on how utterly terrible this experience has been but that still won't solve anything.

/bitching
Sorry about the crazy amount of crap that you have run into but I can tell you from experience(I just drove home with my car a few hours ago) that the Incentive Protection Program protects the incentives you qualified for even if they have expired. My Customer loyalty incentive expired on December 1St but since I ordered on 11/10 it was protected. I received 1250 in incentives total (I couldn't stack the EAA and the Customer Loyalty) with the current 500.00 Switch cash back.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Sorry about the crazy amount of crap that you have run into but I can tell you from experience(I just drove home with my car a few hours ago) that the Incentive Protection Program protects the incentives you qualified for even if they have expired. My Customer loyalty incentive expired on December 1St but since I ordered on 11/10 it was protected. I received 1250 in incentives total (I couldn't stack the EAA and the Customer Loyalty) with the current 500.00 Switch cash back.
That's where it get interesting IMO. I did order my car on the 12th of August last year with the "Family pricing" incentive going on. When I got finally my car and keys, I couldn't get the $1,000 Costco rebate from December. The manager said: "You can't get all together." They also told me that Ford denied my 1.99% financing because I ordered in August and the 1.99% are only valid for orders made from December on.

I can't check if everything is OK what he said but I would like to! :paddle:
So from my buying experience the last couple of years - dealers can or won't accept discounts or rebates.

On the other site, my dealer did send out a flyer 2 weeks after I got my car, asking me to buy a "NEW FORD" to receive a iPad Air2. :crazy:

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Its crazy. If ford can afford to give cars away for competitions or rewards for shows/giveaways they can fix this.

If I showed such irresponsibility/negligence/incompetence in what I do, there would be extreme consequences.

Oh well, gonna call ford customer service AGAIN today, maybe reach a supervisor or manager or something.

I am absolutely not getting another Ford product for a long time nor will my Mustang (if I accept it) ever see any FRPP parts..thinking about an anti-Ford vanity plate as well so every time someone asks about it I can share my experience. I'm just so disgusted with all of this.

I was patient. Didn't bother my dealer or Ford much at the beginning but now I've been told more than once that my experience has been the absolute worst people have seen on here.

Andella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2008 Buell 1125R
I ordered Aug 08, still no car yet. You are not the only one.

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
That's where it get interesting IMO. I did order my car on the 12th of August last year with the "Family pricing" incentive going on. When I got finally my car and keys, I couldn't get the $1,000 Costco rebate from December. The manager said: "You can't get all together." They also told me that Ford denied my 1.99% financing because I ordered in August and the 1.99% are only valid for orders made from December on.

I can't check if everything is OK what he said but I would like to! :paddle:
So from my buying experience the last couple of years - dealers can or won't accept discounts or rebates.

On the other site, my dealer did send out a flyer 2 weeks after I got my car, asking me to buy a "NEW FORD" to receive a iPad Air2. :crazy:
My Dealer didn't think they could keep the incentives either but I did all the research and continually pestered my Sales Guy about it. He wanted me to get the incentives as well because that does not affect his commission in the least. I walked him through what we would have to do to get the Protection program going and documented every step of it. But my dealer is great to work with which is why this is my forth car with them and third with my Sales Guy.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
On the day I ordered, I sent an email to the Incentive Protection Program listing the active incentives available that day. I assumed that it couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Well today is supposed to be the day. Hope my car isn't a big pile of shit when I go to pick it up. I'll lose my mind.

What a terrible experience.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Watch this first. It will put you in a confused state such that the only thing that makes sense in the world is your new mustang:
http://digg.com/video/shaqs-gold-bond-commercials-were-missing-something-this-wasnt-it

But being realistic, if there any problems with the vehicle, turn it down. I've got a great relationship with the Varsity dealership near dearborn and could probably make a few calls to accelerate the process.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
damn Ive had my 11/19 build for 30 days
Sponsored