Silverstone - The Day

QUIRKESTER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke - Volvo XC 90 T8 - Ford Mustang GT
Yep they're as common as fiesta's are over here lol!
LOL - you are spot on there!

So nice to see them all - like being in a club and every other girl is super hot! :cheers::eyebulge:

Not long for you now... Excited?

Mine arrived at Zeebrugge Weds 6th April so awaiting customs clearance then the cruise across to Southampton...

Home straight!

Silverstone looked awesome btw - how did it come about?
Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
So yep it is indeed a great car and I thought it was exciting and great fun as it was in road trim. It really was, OK its not like driving a single seater or caterham on track for fun but for a big heavy road car I was surprised how well it did. :)
Absolutely this. I thought for a bog standard road car on road tyres it felt really nice. A bit of work on suspension set up/tyre pressures etc to get a decent set of tyres switched on, some uprated pads and competition brake fluid and I reckon you'd be well under the 23's. A half decent 370z lap time is low 19's, so I reckon the GT should be easily capable of matching that if it's fitted with decent rubber.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Absolutely this. I thought for a bog standard road car on road tyres it felt really nice. A bit of work on suspension set up/tyre pressures etc to get a decent set of tyres switched on, some uprated pads and competition brake fluid and I reckon you'd be well under the 23's. A half decent 370z lap time is low 19's, so I reckon the GT should be easily capable of matching that if it's fitted with decent rubber.

I've done Donnington National in my M3 on following tyres:
Michelin PS2: 1:25
Michelin Cups: 1:22
R888: 1:22
Slicks: 1:19

Take the Pzero as an equal to PS2 in dry, they will be close, moving to a semi-R tyre like 888R, cups is worth 2-3s per lap. Donnington is fast flowing circuit like Silverstone.

So yes a decent semi-R tyre will give the car 2-3s easy. :)

A Mustang in full weight would easily lap faster than the MR2 series, there lap records are 1:22 in race conditions on 888R tyres.

I actually believe an instructor flat out on his own in the car with an optimal track alignment (more negative camber) would find 4-5s, so based on the easy steady 1:27 my instructor managed with me in and well your already in the 1:22-1:23 region. :)

Change the tyres and your into sub 1:20 for sure, a very capable car. If I ever take it round Donnington I shall compare it to my M3 which is now good for around 1:18 there on semi slicks and my M3 on a fast circuit like Donnington or Silverstone, well MR2 series have no chance against it, but it is 1300kg and 380BHP on coilovers, alcons and another bunch of bits thrown at it. :D

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
At least you got an invite I never sad face
Maybe next time.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - you are spot on there!

So nice to see them all - like being in a club and every other girl is super hot! :cheers::eyebulge:

Not long for you now... Excited?

Mine arrived at Zeebrugge Weds 6th April so awaiting customs clearance then the cruise across to Southampton...

Home straight!

Silverstone looked awesome btw - how did it come about?
Very excited especially after Silverstone, mad respect for my car and it's abilities, don't think anybody can take anything away from the Ecoboost without having driven one. Still crazy powerful.

I'm hoping to pickup this week, my dealer for the handover is louise - who I met at Silverstone, and she's excited to do the handover etc, she knows I don't want the plate brackets and all the other jazz, she's got in her diary to prioritise it at 8:30AM tomorrow, so should pickup next weekend :headbang::headbang:.

Not sure how silverstone came about, a few people got emails, bobs your uncle and then we all ended up getting invited - well, the majority! :headbonk:
Sponsored