ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Hey guys,

Thinking about putting some side stripes on my Mustang. What I can't sort out is what color might look best. A bunch of my friend have told me to do satin black but I am thinking that is going to be very difficult to see. I don't need it to be super loud but noticeable would be nice.

Anyone have any advice on what would look good on Magnetic? I am attaching a reference photo of the stripes I am talking about with a side shot of my car. Just know that the wheels are going to be powder coated soon in more of a lighter gunmetal color.

Hoping for some suggestions so I can get them on this weekend! Thanks in advance.

Side Stripes.jpg

Mustang GT (52).JPG
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
All depends on future plans. It's good to never just "do something" if you have other plans because then things won't match. Magnetic is a tough one because it's harder to create good contrast vs. a lighter color w/ dark accents or pure black with light accents. And you obviously already have aftermarket wheels (those look sorta like my 7-spoke 6GRs except 19"?).

If you're gonna go black, I'd go gloss with something that has a light pinstripe. Think about caliper paint too. I mean you could go crazy and add some color, but meh. Maybe a gloss silver without pinstripes.

There's a few ideas in the Magnetic Photo forum. You'll have to backtrack into that thread to find more ideas.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magnetic-s550-mustang-thread.7909/page-255

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
All depends on future plans. It's good to never just "do something" if you have other plans because then things won't match. Magnetic is a tough one because it's harder to create good contrast vs. a lighter color w/ dark accents or pure black with light accents. And you obviously already have aftermarket wheels (those look sorta like my 7-spoke 6GRs except 19"?).

If you're gonna go black, I'd go gloss with something that has a light pinstripe. Think about caliper paint too. I mean you could go crazy and add some color, but meh. Maybe a gloss silver without pinstripes.

There's a few ideas in the Magnetic Photo forum. You'll have to backtrack into that thread to find more ideas.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magnetic-s550-mustang-thread.7909/page-255
Sorry for the delay. You are right about not doing something just to do it. Magnetic sure is a tough color for a lot of reasons. The wheels are SVE R350's btw and yes 19. Caliper paint has been on my list but I really wanted a blue but I can't find a good example of what it looks like. When I look at VHT and others it's either grabber looking or a color that doesn't match the bottle at all so I am kind of torn about it.

I browse the magnetic thread a lot but thanks for that!

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Sorry for the delay. You are right about not doing something just to do it. Magnetic sure is a tough color for a lot of reasons. The wheels are SVE R350's btw and yes 19. Caliper paint has been on my list but I really wanted a blue but I can't find a good example of what it looks like. When I look at VHT and others it's either grabber looking or a color that doesn't match the bottle at all so I am kind of torn about it.

I browse the magnetic thread a lot but thanks for that!
The G2 has a host of colors and I tend to shop in their "leftovers" section where people placed custom orders and never took them or whatever. https://www.g2usa.com/category/Custom-Colors-On-Hand.html You can get just about anything. Blue is actually a fresh idea here. I'm not a big fan of grabber but you could go with a metallic gloss blue of some sort for stripes and probably find a matching paint for the calipers if you wanted to be really coordinated. Blue and silver is a sweet combo, I did it on my '15 DIB.
https://graphics.averydennison.com/...rochures/color-guide/na-swf-color-card-en.pdf

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Light gold looks good on dark grey. I use it on my 2013 Sterling Grey with great effect.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yellow or performance blue. You probably want a satin-y/flat color.
a medium to deep red (but not black cherry) and if you can find a burnt orange that can work as well.
Sponsored