Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Hello all,

Due to cosmetic issue from previous owner ( boot impacts on the side skirt and many paint/clear damages) , I've decided to get it repainted.

So I went on you tube and got a removal video. That was ok but many white clips just broken,,,, that plastic is dry and very brittle. Does anyone know the oem part number as I'll have to order 5 maybe 6 as replacement ?
1652784947984.png

Also I wanted to disassemble the textured section off the painted one to send only the upper section to the painter.... So I got the pop rivets off... then started to remove the tabs... all was good but the center tab seems to be part of the upper painted section like if that was only one piece and not 2. I'm in the left field or not? There is no insertion space to get the tab out!!! If I'm wrong can someone please give me the trick to get that center tab off the upper section?

Thanks for your assistance and sory moderators igf I posted into the wrong section.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackismydog

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
not yet. Didn't had a chance to look at it. However, solve the clips ! 2.92 each not a big deal.

Hope someone can assist about the how to disassemble

OP
OP
Jackismydog

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
finally go it separed! Was beautiful outside yesterday night so been able to get knees on the turf and play with the skirt. The center tab is really tight! As there is no free play on each side of that tab, it was like lock with the upper section.

Does anyone know if a bodyshop can reparer the textured section?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
finally go it separed! Was beautiful outside yesterday night so been able to get knees on the turf and play with the skirt. The center tab is really tight! As there is no free play on each side of that tab, it was like lock with the upper section.

Does anyone know if a bodyshop can reparer the textured section?
Can you post some pics of what you are working with, so we can see the damaged area to better assist?

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
pic.... the textured MAY be saved, depends. it can be sanded with like a 2000 grit to smooth it out. I ve done front splitter on similar cars.
Need to see damage.