c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Here's mine. Oxford white, it's sort of a satin finish (not matte, not glossy). Roof and hood vents were about $150. Sorry for poor photo quality, taken with my toy drone.

https://www.instagram.com/reb3r/
PICT0006.jpg
Sponsored

mhagerty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Just a heads-up, the gloss black will scratch very easily no matter how careful you are with it. What I have done in the past and will be doing to my RR is get the gloss black and then have it topped off with XPEL Ultimate to protect the wrap.

It will cost a few bucks more but it will look great and last much longer. I've had several parts of my Sky roadster done this way and they look like new after 3 years on the car.

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
That's thing. The gloss is gonna scratch so easy!

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I think I'll make a trip to see the roof wrap guy [MENTION=18483]CompO5.sl0w[/MENTION] knows. Everywhere by me wants 300-350. Nope. And get some pics of the cars. :D

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Just a heads-up, the gloss black will scratch very easily no matter how careful you are with it. What I have done in the past and will be doing to my RR is get the gloss black and then have it topped off with XPEL Ultimate to protect the wrap.

It will cost a few bucks more but it will look great and last much longer. I've had several parts of my Sky roadster done this way and they look like new after 3 years on the car.
It depends on what kind of wrap you have. Mine looks great for being on for six months, but I spray QD very liberally on it, and just barely drag a clean MF over it. Then I flip it and carefully dry it in left-right movements. It has a few swirls in it, but my Wrap installer said to use a heat gun on it and they will disappear. He actually cut out a piece of the gloss black vinyl, put it on my hood, scratched the vinyl, then took his heat gun over it and boom, all gone.

I think if you're going to go the extra mile and put XPEL on it, you might as well paint it. A roof wrap is anywhere between $125-$250, and XPEL is expensive, but we'll say $200. ~$400 for a roof wrap when it's all said and done.

Looks great Abdul!:thumbsup:

I think I'll make a trip to see the roof wrap guy @CompO5.sl0w knows. Everywhere by me wants 300-350. Nope. And get some pics of the cars. :D
Haha, he's a good guy, John. Look up Tint Wizard WV on Facebook, he's always putting up pics of cars he's done. :cheers:

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Thinking about this myself because to paint it properly they need to remove the front and rear glass, estimated $650-$700 and they won't guarantee the glass won't break upon removal or reinstall lol....:eyebulge:

Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Thinking about this myself because to paint it properly they need to remove the front and rear glass, estimated $650-$700 and they won't guarantee the glass won't break upon removal or reinstall lol....:eyebulge:
Well paint is different than a wrap. The wrap is just vinyl applied over the paint.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yah the S550 just looks amazing with a black roof...it just continues the dark glass from the front/back wind shields.

mhagerty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
It depends on what kind of wrap you have. Mine looks great for being on for six months, but I spray QD very liberally on it, and just barely drag a clean MF over it. Then I flip it and carefully dry it in left-right movements. It has a few swirls in it, but my Wrap installer said to use a heat gun on it and they will disappear. He actually cut out a piece of the gloss black vinyl, put it on my hood, scratched the vinyl, then took his heat gun over it and boom, all gone.

I think if you're going to go the extra mile and put XPEL on it, you might as well paint it. A roof wrap is anywhere between $125-$250, and XPEL is expensive, but we'll say $200. ~$400 for a roof wrap when it's all said and done.

Looks great Abdul!:thumbsup:

Haha, he's a good guy, John. Look up Tint Wizard WV on Facebook, he's always putting up pics of cars he's done. :cheers:

Not in my area, close to $1000 bucks. I have a price for gloss black and EXPEL for $370, I'm having it done in mid-May

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Mine
image.jpg
Sponsored