Sponsored

Should I be seeing paperwork with my order?

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
I've ordered, or at least hope I've ordered, a 2016 GT350 as of Thursday. I spoke with the out of state dealership briefly on the phone earlier in the week and discussed purchasing their last allocation at $5k over MSRP.

They e-mailed me a credit card deposit form which I immediately filled out and returned with the agreed amount authorized for charging. I had not seen any credit card charge by Thursday so checked in with them again by phone. The salesperson said the card was not charged yet because they were waiting to hear what options/colors I wanted. So, on Thursday I immediately made my final decisions and sent option selections by e-mail. I received a response later Thursday confirming that they received my options and would order the car Friday.

It's now Sunday and I've seen no official paperwork and there is still no charge on my credit card for the deposit. Should I be nervous, or is some lag time and no official paperwork a normal experience? I don't want to be impatient but also don't want to let a dealership get away with anything while I'm snoozing and thinking everything is finalized.
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^^^ you are doing the right thing by being persistent. No one will get upset at you calling about them not taking your money yet..lol Im sure Monday you will get it handle !! what color, combo did you go with?

OP
OP

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
I ordered Comp Orange/White stripes with the track pack. :D

Totally un-real to me that I am actually in the process of ordering a brand new top-spec Mustang!

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
I am in the same boat.
My dealer is out of state and on the 4th of July weekend I drove over to meet than/put a deposit down.
I just have a credit card receipt for my deposit.
I've called them several times since.
They called me the Friday before last to let me know my car will be #2 built in her region.

I can't believe this is really happening.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The out-of-state dealer I'm working with took a few hours to return my initial VM and follow up call but once we spoke, my card was charged for the deposit and I had my order submitted and acknowledged in a few hours before EOB in their timezone. Very good communication here!

My recommendation is be reasonably persistent, one-two calls in a day should address what you need. If it's more than that and you still can't get them to take your money, then just imagine what the actual process of getting the car delivered from them is going to be like. But, given your other options, if you have any, this may still be your best bet.

OP
OP

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
Unfortunately it is my only option right now as far as I can see, unless someone else can point me to another $5k ADM or MSRP deal. The dealer has been friendly about it but I am just concerned they could try something tricky if someone called and was willing to pay more for the car or something. I will probably be patient another day since it's Sunday anyway, but definitely going to call them tomorrow with the expectation of getting the deposit charged and some kind of order confirmation if they did in fact submit Friday morning as promised.
Sponsored