Shortage or being discontinued? MPS4S?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Has anyone heard if these tires are being discontinued or if there's a shortage? A couple of tire shops I called said that they are being replaced by the Michelin Pilot A/S 4 and other shops said that there might just be a shortage. The 275/40zr19 went from $303 to $368 in the last couple of days. I currently have the Pirelli's on my PP car and at 9500 miles they are more than half done. I can get the Pirelli's for $225 each but I dont feel like replacing them again in 15,000 miles. Does anyone have the Michelin Pilot A/S 4? How do they feel? I can get these for S275 each.

Thank you,
David
Sponsored

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
I had AS3 on my Vette and loved them. I can only imagine that they’ve improved. Very good tread wear. Not as good as the Pilots it came with, but on the street I could barely notice.

A huge help to my pocket. I just got a set of 4S on my GT and love them. I guess I better take care of them!

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Like everything else in the world currently, shortage. With you being in Florida, you could probably get away with summers year round. Indy Firehawk have garnered really good reviews for not nearly as much as PS4S.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I had AS3 on my Vette and loved them. I can only imagine that they’ve improved. Very good tread wear. Not as good as the Pilots it came with, but on the street I could barely notice.

A huge help to my pocket. I just got a set of 4S on my GT and love them. I guess I better take care of them!
I had the PS4S when I had my 2020 GT PP and I loved them. When I traded that car in it had 16500 miles and the tires still had more than half tread left on them. I don't care what anyone says about Pirelli's but they are pure junk and sketchy on wet roads.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Like everything else in the world currently, shortage. With you being in Florida, you could probably get away with summers year round. Indy Firehawk have garnered really good reviews for not nearly as much as PS4S.
I think I will just get the PS4S. I would hate to get a tire that I will hate.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I think I will just get the PS4S. I would hate to get a tire that I will hate.
Its supply chain issues, the MP4S not being discontinued, and no - an all-season tire is not a replacement for a max performance summer tire. (careful with that tire shop, they are either not being honest or aren't qualified to sell tires if they tried to talk you into the A/S4 as a substitute).

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered some MPS4S to replace the Pilrelli's I have on the rears. I will replace the front in a couple of months.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I just ordered some MPS4S to replace the Pilrelli's I have on the rears. I will replace the front in a couple of months.
Just FYI, it’s not a great idea to use different tires on the same car. Different brands, different compounds and tread patterns. And new vs. used. Could be a very interesting driving experience.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI, it’s not a great idea to use different tires on the same car. Different brands, different compounds and tread patterns. And new vs. used. Could be a very interesting driving experience.
I know but the fronts still look new. I think I might be buying a set of project 6GR Five wheels so I might be canceling my order

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I love Pirelli's that don't last long but do a great job for the street while they last. But I like fresh tires as well.

If you look at tire-rack testing many of the tires are so close in performance, lap times, etc that it's splitting hairs in few second increments at worst, that are undetectable on the street except for comfort, which is mostly a tire specific optimal pressure situation.

I'm a huge brand snob but when it comes to tires I jus need one of the tier 1 or tier 2 brands and new ones frequently haha.
Well then Pirelli's are all yours. I'm at 10,000 Miles and they are more than half done plus they dont feel as stable as the MPS4S.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Im going to the MPS4S early nexty year. These Nittos do not impress me.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The MPS4S is truly a great tire. I got a set of take offs with 2 miles on them for $800 a couple years ago, and they're WORLDS better than the Pirelli P Zero summers that they replaced. That said, I'll chime in and echo the above sentiment that the Firehawk Indy 500s are really awesome tires, they're pretty cheap, and I'd say they give you 9/10s of the performance at 6/10s of the cost. Or whatever. They're good.

I run them on my wife's C300 AMG Sport, and I'm on the second set. The stock Pirelli P Zero run flats were DOA after 10k miles. The Indy 500s lasted >30k miles, had way better grip and handling, and were way cheaper than replacement Pirellis. The guy at Firestone was like "You're putting Firestone tires on a Benz? Why not Michelin or Pirelli?" Uh, because these are almost as good as the former, while being way cheaper, and way better than the latter, while also being way cheaper.

JR

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'm lucky to get 15,000 miles on any Pirelli, but I love new tires.

I've never used run flat and never will.

If I can't get Pirelli's when needed, I just get whatever next best and have never been disappointed.

I'm just an average street driver on trashed roads 70% and 30% canyon carving, all at reasonable speeds.

If I was on the Autobahn doing 130-190 daily I'd definitely get Michelins because they've always been flawless in this environment.
Have you ever used the MPS4S?
Sponsored