Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
My numbers are wearing off my shift knob. Is this normal? I got one of the first Boombas made for the S550.
Sponsored

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Thank you for following up with us here! This is the first we've heard of anything like this. We're going to try to secure a newer model locally to compare notes to what we have on our installation guide and make any necessary revisions. Glad to see you got everything figured out.
Thank you for following up with us here! This is the first we've heard of anything like this. We're going to try to secure a newer model locally to compare notes to what we have on our installation guide and make any necessary revisions. Glad to see you got everything figured out.
Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same issue. 2017 model.

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured it out! I used a couple flathead screwdrivers to pry under and lift out the boot. It was a pain in the butt. The bottom flange doesn't like to bend as easily as the top part. Then you have to trim a 1/4 to 1/2 off the top of the boot to get access to the top groove for the leather boot.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
I figured it out! I used a couple flathead screwdrivers to pry under and lift out the boot. It was a pain in the butt. The bottom flange doesn't like to bend as easily as the top part. Then you have to trim a 1/4 to 1/2 off the top of the boot to get access to the top groove for the leather boot.
Glad to hear you got it all figured out! How are you liking the shifter?

Sponsored

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear you got it all figured out! How are you liking the shifter?
I like the shifter! But I think I either didn't get the rubber boot fully seated in the groove or it pulled out because now if I'm driving with the windows down and no HVAC on the center console gets super hot.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
These working for the 18+ yet?

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These working for the 18+ yet?
What about the 18+ don't work? Is it the new shifter boot? I think my '17 has the newer shifter boot since it doesn't match the one in the videos. I was able to make it work. It's a little bit of a pain but not too bad.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
What about the 18+ don't work? Is it the new shifter boot? I think my '17 has the newer shifter boot since it doesn't match the one in the videos. I was able to make it work. It's a little bit of a pain but not too bad.
I'm not sure, I was advised by Boomba that it wouldnt work on my 19. Maybe something to do with the active rev match or something?

Sponsored

Bensumm91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same issue. 2017 model.
Hi did you take any photos of the install or do you have any tips ? I am having the same issues with my GT its a late model 17

Status
Not open for further replies.