Sponsored

Shifting/Pivoting/Moving Engine, Eliminating Ghost knock

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello all,
Sorry for this thread but I searched multiple keywords and couldnt find anything and I know I've seen this issue discussed before.

I am chasing false/ghost knock on my Whippled car and I have kooks LTH so I know the issue of the AC Bracket bolt on the passenger side rubbing/hitting against the headers likely isnt the cause because I do not see any scratching or scores on the headers but it is awfully close, so Im not eliminating the possiblity that under WOT the engine shifts and pings that bracket bolt.

The engine is noticeably closer more to the side of the passenger side then the driver, I have seen on here that people have loosened somethings and shifted the engine to a more central/neutral location.

What exactly needs to be loosened and is there a thread or pictures of the location/bolts that need to be loosened in order for me to realign the engine.

Thank you!
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
One of the most common myths on the LT1 and LT4 is the "ghost knock"
Usually, it's in the tune/fuel system

A simple way to tell.

If the knock happens basically all the time while driving normal = usually false
If the knock happens at basically high load or WOT only = usually in the tune/fuel system

OP
OP
Jonspeed

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BUMP!
Please any input! Need this resolved.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, if you are looking into the engine bay from the top just loosen the bolt on top of each engine mount. Its slotted, so you can slide the engine over. You might need to lift it just a little under the sump.
Sponsored