Sponsored

she's home

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
can i ask how the build quality is? i own a 2011 so i would like to know if things have gotten better since.

i looked at a rental-grade base v6 model that was delivered recently to a local dealer and the panel fit was not the best... the front fenders and hood were all misaligned, and there was noticable orange peel in the paint down both sides of the car (my old 2011 suffers from this as well). not sure if that is something that could be corrected by the dealer or it's something worse...
Sponsored

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Oh Canada! bet it sticks like Maple syrup on those roads eh?

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
can i ask how the build quality is? i own a 2011 so i would like to know if things have gotten better since.

i looked at a rental-grade base v6 model that was delivered recently to a local dealer and the panel fit was not the best... the front fenders and hood were all misaligned, and there was noticable orange peel in the paint down both sides of the car (my old 2011 suffers from this as well). not sure if that is something that could be corrected by the dealer or it's something worse...
The build quality is very good. I can't compare it to previous Mustangs because this is my first. Compared to the 2010 Genesis Coupe the build quality on the Mustang is better.
It's not perfect though. There's one spot on the rear fender that is off a little and I'm getting wind noise above 80klm/hr.
These are not major and they will be addressed. Interior is spot on perfect. The fender spot I think only the owner would notice. I saw it while cleaning her, more by touch than visually.

I've heard complaints about orange peel and honestly mine seems as smooth as glass. There is one spot as the side fold of the door that has a little excess paint (again touch not sight). The rest is great.

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
The build quality is very good. I can't compare it to previous Mustangs because this is my first. Compared to the 2010 Genesis Coupe the build quality on the Mustang is better.
It's not perfect though. There's one spot on the rear fender that is off a little and I'm getting wind noise above 80klm/hr.
These are not major and they will be addressed. Interior is spot on perfect. The fender spot I think only the owner would notice. I saw it while cleaning her, more by touch than visually.

I've heard complaints about orange peel and honestly mine seems as smooth as glass. There is one spot as the side fold of the door that has a little excess paint (again touch not sight). The rest is great.
good to know. congrats on your purchase geokots.

can i ask you a stupid request? when you have the time can you fold down your rear seats and measure the pass thru opening height for me?

the reason i'm asking is because in my 2011, the combination of a low vertical opening and the hump in the floor for the solid axle, i am unable to carry a second set of tires for track days (i run a 10.5" rear wheel and the opening in my car barely allows a 9")...

Sponsored

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
good to know. congrats on your purchase geokots.

can i ask you a stupid request? when you have the time can you fold down your rear seats and measure the pass thru opening height for me?

the reason i'm asking is because in my 2011, the combination of a low vertical opening and the hump in the floor for the solid axle, i am unable to carry a second set of tires for track days (i run a 10.5" rear wheel and the opening in my car barely allows a 9")...
I'll see what I can do, but it'll be much later today if I can.
The seats go fairly flat but there is a bump so I'll measure from that point.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
As sweet as it too.
at least when it's not snowing or when you get the crazy tailslide i had on autumn mulch because people are too lazy to pick them up and just rake them out into the street :thumbdown:

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
it has no effect on warranty. Think of it as a synthetic wax with the benefit of added protection from the elements, bird droppings, tree sap etc.
I do it twice a year, spring and fall. Dealers charge $300 - $500 for something that costs $80 - $120
another product i offer up for your consideration:

http://www.opti-coat.com/

it's a permanent ceramic coating so it dosen't need renewing. but having said that, if your paint gets scratched and you requires a da buffer to correct you will have to reapply.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I'll see what I can do, but it'll be much later today if I can.
The seats go fairly flat but there is a bump so I'll measure from that point.
thanks. no rush. my chances of trading up are at least 2 years away if it ever happens... or this fabled upcoming GT350 is real and i sell my soul to the devil again :love:
Sponsored