Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
About half of the bunch have not hit limp mode, anywhere. Two or more hit limp mode under "normal driving conditions". The other half hit limp mode on the track. 12 individuals out of how many techs sold? Interesting read. The burden of proof is on the class. Good luck to the unfortunate 12. Correction, to the many unfortunate.

https://www.hbsslaw.com/uploads/cas...lby-final-amended-complaint-hagens-berman.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I have been quiet on this but I knew after talking with several others that hit limp last year this wasn't going to go away like some folks did. There is a vast world outside of this web site and there are a lot more folks that have had issues. I personally know of several that went to their dealer and were told "working as intended" contacted Ford Service and got crickets.
I totally believe it. However at this monetary level I would not give up until I was taken care of. I too have been turned away from a legitimate complaint and told I had no problem. Again at this monetary level there was no way in hell I was going to accept that. So I get it! I get the law suit. Many have had 1 or more engine replacements yet there is no class action suit. What I am trying to say is that results could have been had with properly verified documentation, in other words, solid proof of the failure, no way could Ford walk away without a remedy.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I would have thought so, but Ford Service told him it was simply a protection mechanism, it was working as intended, and that because it didn't lose power completely it was fine. Not unlike the first 2 years of Chevy responses to the Z06. There is a dealer by Canton that buys the "buyback" cars from Chevy, they sell them at 10k or so under blue book. All are noted as lemon law buybacks, almost all of them were for high temps. But I guess that was for a 90k car at the time.

My biggest issue is that I don't like my fluid from 220-260 degrees most of the summer. I flog the car, yes I admit it. but it doesn't take too much for it to get downright toasty. I have 17k now, there is little downside left for me to go with external pump and coolers. I will however at least see how it shakes out. I have made my peace and there is nothing left for me to do.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
That's the thing, I'm ready to jump to another manufacturer. Ford (Performance) has some good ideas but there always seems to be some fatal flaw in their execution. We all know what they are with the GT350 (not to mention abysmal quality in general.) With the Focus RS it's the RDU. A few weeks ago I was driving home late one Saturday evening around 11PM. It was 57 degrees outside and I wasn't pushing the car hard at all. I was on the highway doing about 55mph when the "Drive mode not selectable" message appeared on the instrument cluster and then something like "AWD not available". So I was like "WTF?" So I guess I get to give some shiddy Ford dealer another opportunity to fuck up my car. Only question is what will be the Raptor's flaw?

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I agree, I think the Focus issue is much worse than the tech / base for what its worth. My son wanted one of those and I was glad I swore off of Ford after that flaw was made available. I have been sitting on my 2011 f150, I so wanted / want a raptor but I just cant bring myself to go back.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^^ Damn, that's nice.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So, "Montreal Ponies" you said "says a guy who drives a Tiger."

First, it was a joke and you understood that, right?

Second, please see this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36997

That's MY 2016 GT350. BTW: never experienced limp mode.

Third: You might consider this: my 1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mark II (which I purchased in 1978 and restored myself to concours condition) is worth three times what your (and my) 2016 GT350 Mustang's are worth. So do you have something against Tigers?

So... maybe you made one too many assumptions, huh? Or... just so you understand, maybe I should say "eh?"

Regards,

Bill

BTW: I did just add the GT350 to my profile. Thanks for pointing out that deficiency.
I live the Tiger, bad ass car!

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
That tiger is sweet

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
Lawsuit update

Today I received an email from Hagens Berman titled 1st Amended Class Action Complaint. It lists several new plaintiffs and 121 counts against Ford. How many people have filed out the class action form?

Sponsored

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I'm going on about 7K miles so far in my 16' tech. So far no Issues though I did sign up with the suit as well. For myself, I feel like a small sense of de javu as back in 1999 we had the intake, exhaust and tune issues, though it was mitigated by Ford pretty quickly. My 95 SHO could beat that car pre fix. At the time I was working at Ford myself and seemed highly disappointment. Went and drove the Camaro SS at the time and thought to myself, "Seriously, this Cobra isn't so bad to switch to a Camaro!"

Like others have identified I truly love this car, and for someone that's had so many different vehicles I have to say that all cars are messed up in some way at some point. It's just the perception of disappointment may be amplified due to the cost of this vehicle. I still remember that my 99 cost $32,170 and the only option was the spoiler.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I'm going on about 7K miles so far in my 16' tech. So far no Issues though I did sign up with the suit as well. For myself, I feel like a small sense of de javu as back in 1999 we had the intake, exhaust and tune issues, though it was mitigated by Ford pretty quickly. My 95 SHO could beat that car pre fix. At the time I was working at Ford myself and seemed highly disappointment. Went and drove the Camaro SS at the time and thought to myself, "Seriously, this Cobra isn't so bad to switch to a Camaro!"

Like others have identified I truly love this car, and for someone that's had so many different vehicles I have to say that all cars are messed up in some way at some point. It's just the perception of disappointment may be amplified due to the cost of this vehicle. I still remember that my 99 cost $32,170 and the only option was the spoiler.
So you have no problem but signed up to join the class? WoW. How does that work EXACTLY??? Smh

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
We'll there's two perspectives you can take.
1. That the alleged claims are true and there will be a loss of resale value of the vehicle. In theory the class action may result in some monetary reimbursement that would offset the value in long run.
2. The class action will result in the option or in addition; allow for the factory trans and diff cooler installed at a dealer.

The claim in general is not about owners that have actually had something happen, yet reflect false advertising by Ford that the vehicle was built and sold to be capable of X, yet due to deficiencies in the vehicle requirements can only do Y.
This may be of course why the coolers are standard in all model in 2017+.
Again the suit is for all owners whom have vehicles that haven't shown issues yet but have the potential in the future of having issues without these coolers installed.

And if your one of those owners that goes out one day and your trans fries because of a hot Washington DC day stuck on 295, you take it to the dealer and they don't want to recognize any warranty, because they felt you were at fault you'll be praying for this class action. You'll be looking for a precedence set to look back on.

With at least the class action recognized, you at least have some additional leverage to say to the dealer; and if not ford themselves that this is a common issue and here's the evidence or pattern among these vehicles.

Last edited:

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
We'll there's to perspectives you can take.
1. That the alleged claims are true and there will be a loss of resale value of the vehicle. In theory the class action may result in some monetary reimbursement that would offset the value in long run.
2. The class action will result in the option or in addition; allow for the factory trans and diff cooler installed at a dealer.

The claim in general is not about owners that have actually had something happen, yet reflect false advertising by Ford that the vehicle was built and sold to be capable of X, yet due to deficiencies in the vehicle requirements can only do Y.
This may be of course why the coolers are standard in all model in 2017+.
Again the suit is for all owners whom have vehicles that haven't shown issues yet but have the potential in the future of having issues without these coolers installed.

And if your one of those owners that goes out one day and your trans fries because of a hot Washington DC day stuck on 295, you take it to the dealer and they don't want to recognize any warranty, because they felt you were at fault you'll be praying for this class action. You'll be looking for a precedence set to look back on.

With at least the class action recognized, you at least have some additional leverage to say to the dealer; and if not ford themselves that this is a common issue and here's the evidence or pattern among these vehicles.
Very good points. Thank you.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
That's the thing, I'm ready to jump to another manufacturer. Ford (Performance) has some good ideas but there always seems to be some fatal flaw in their execution. We all know what they are with the GT350 (not to mention abysmal quality in general.) With the Focus RS it's the RDU. A few weeks ago I was driving home late one Saturday evening around 11PM. It was 57 degrees outside and I wasn't pushing the car hard at all. I was on the highway doing about 55mph when the "Drive mode not selectable" message appeared on the instrument cluster and then something like "AWD not available". So I was like "WTF?" So I guess I get to give some shiddy Ford dealer another opportunity to fuck up my car. Only question is what will be the Raptor's flaw?
I jumped ship two days before the lawsuit. I am so glad I did. I got a good price for the tradein and got the new ZL1 for $4k under sticker. Amazing car. No cooling problems with 11 of them. It is faster than the GT350R and has all of the tech goodies. Way more than the GT350 and it has a back seat(if you can call it that). The Bose stereo is the best I have ever heard. But don't use it much. I just listen to the motor.

I wish the GT350 would have worked out, but I think it was meant to be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.