Shelby GT350 Garage Photos

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
She's a tight, tight fit, but I made it work!

...and when I say tight, I mean tight. I can't even fit my fingers between the top of the R and the bottom of the rails. And, there is about 1/2 inch clearance with the ceiling once the top car is raised off the locks.

Measure twice, pray once. :D

:ford:
OMG! Did you say the top GT350 was off the lift locks? That would be too scary for me. Not likely, but lose hydraulics and it's a really bad day.:eyebulge:
Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
^^ Jesus how nerve-racking was getting all that situated?
Supremely. I ended up having 4 pieces of 1 1/2 inch thick aluminum cut, and I placed them under the feet of the lift. Then, my wife helped guide me in backing the R in the first time...a true test of our commitment to each other in marriage :D.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG! Did you say the top GT350 was off the lift locks? That would be too scary for me. Not likely, but lose hydraulics and it's a really bad day.:eyebulge:
Nope. The top car is on the locks, but you have to have enough clearance to raise the top car off the locks to release the locks. Once I raise the car off the locks, I have about a 1/2 inch clearance.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I also did DIY epoxy from big box store and it's holding up great. I started with a really bad surface and it turned out better than expecteded. Only downside is the kits don't go far at least on my rough surface. plan for half the coverage they tell you unless you have a newer pad.
I have in concrete heat and when the guys that did the slab cut the crack lines they were at all kinds of depths. I have 8" concrete and they cut some at 2" and some at 4" depth!! Yikes!! So, naturally they cut thru some of my pex, since I have my pex at 4" depth. It was a nightmare trying to fix them (cut the concrete and fix) I did it and it works perfect, but there were 3 spots all in my office space. I did the epoxy and you can't tell at all where they are at. Yeah, it's the tan...but looks nice to me! Still gotta put my trim molding on the floor to seal up the uneveness of the floor. The in floor heating is absolutely killer. It can be -20 and it is always a even 68 degrees in my shop. I also did foam insulation so it keeps the heat in, even when blowing like mad. Runs off NG and bills are 140/ month in dead of winter and thats for all electrical, running my CNC machines all day!
My next house I build will have in floor heat. No blowing..just steady heat from below. Feet always warm... it kicks ass!
Got it easy today, making some small tapped blocks.
1481298274379307839981.jpg
20161209_095634.jpg
20161209_095724.jpg

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Nope. The top car is on the locks, but you have to have enough clearance to raise the top car off the locks to release the locks. Once I raise the car off the locks, I have about a 1/2 inch clearance.
Good deal. Still had to be nerve wracking the first time you did it.

That's a lot of Ford in your garage:cheers:

Sponsored

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA

...and when I say tight, I mean tight. I can't even fit my fingers between the top of the R and the bottom of the rails. And, there is about 1/2 inch clearance with the ceiling once the top car is raised off the locks.

What is your ceiling height? I will be moving and have a 2-post and 4-post Direct lift in my current garage, but I currently have 9.5' ceilings.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Can I ask what your ceiling height is from floor to ceiling? Can you give an accurate measurement please. Thanks.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Haaaa haa sorry I I just asked it also. We must of posted within seconds of each other.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries!

My ceiling height varies between 9'4" and 9'5". I used 9'4" as my baseline to be safe.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
DAYUM!!!! Thats nutz! Love it! I started to say thats a tight fit, but I decided it was just full. LOL :headbang:

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Supremely. I ended up having 4 pieces of 1 1/2 inch thick aluminum cut, and I placed them under the feet of the lift. Then, my wife helped guide me in backing the R in the first time...a true test of our commitment to each other in marriage :D.
Glad to see your marriage survived. :love:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
No worries!

My ceiling height varies between 9'4" and 9'5". I used 9'4" as my baseline to be safe.

Did you make sure the oil filter of the top Shelby was torqued to spec ? Just sayin' . :shrug:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Did you make sure the oil filter of the top Shelby was torqued to spec ? Just sayin' . :shrug:
:lol: What's all this oily stuff on my roof :shrug:

OH $h!T :frusty: